Finish It Up Friday ~ Beachballs

I started this quilt last week on a bit of a whim. I have no need for yet another baby quilt, but I ran across a small stack  of my hand dyed fabrics and had an idea suddenly pop into my head. Tell me I am not the only one this happens to! I should have been doing something else, but I started cutting.

And then I started quilting.

And before I knew it I was binding and it was done!

That’s a bad picture if you are looking for quilting details, but I thought it was kind of a fun shot. Here is a better one.

And the back.

A few detail shots:

I had a lot of fun playing with the quilting on this one.

I shared a picture of this cutie, Little E, the other day, but I can’t resist a few more. I call him Mr. Squishy because I just want to squeeze him!

That face!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted PassionSew Can She, Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, Hand Dyed Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Beachballs

1. Some of the best quilts are the unplanned ones. This is a fun quilt and your hand-dyed fabrics look so good in it! I can’t believe how many different quilting designs you were able to put in this small quilt – it looks amazing. The best picture is the last one because you’re right – that face!!! 🙂

2. Kathy D. says:

What an amazing quilt, Katy! Love how you let yourself go creatively in those open spaces. Little E is the most adorable quilt model ever!

3. Tami says:

This is beautiful! The quilting! That face!

4. Luann says:

Little E is a big ADORABLE! Katy, do you have micro handles? I noticed the pebbles and just wondered about how you move your Avante in such small circles. Have a blessed weekend.

5. Sandra says:

Mr. Squishy indeed! Nice to meet another person who “just wants to squish ’em” meaning all babies…oomph! Also nice to meet another DREAMI soul, something I am just writing about in my post for today! DRop Everything And Make It. I absolutely LOVE how this quilt turned out! I’ll admit at first I wasn’t sold on the two outside rows of triangles but oh yeah baby! Yu totally rocked the quilting.ha I also just realized another quirk we share: hanging quilts from tree branches! Lol.

6. Jayne says:

This is so cute! Beach balls it is! Love the bright hand dyed fabrics against the white…they pop or bounce off the fabric! Your quilting is gorgeous as always. Mr. Squishy is just that too!

7. Judy in MO says:

Great quilt with fabulous quilting! And that baby, such cuteness!

8. That face indeed! What a doll!

And the quilt isn’t too shabby either!

9. Janet O. says:

Oh, Mr. Squishy is way too cute!
    You really did have fun quilting this one. I could study all of those quilting designs all morning!! : )

He is adorable, I love his big smile! Your quilt is wonderful! Have a good weekend! Hugs,

11. Beverly Parrish says:

Once again, LOVE LOVE IT !!!! and a great name for the quilt. The grandson is just the right touch, he makes it even more fun looking.. He is a cutie for sure.

12. Louise says:

Little E could melt any heart with that cute little smile! That quilt reminds me of summers at the beach….good times..

13. Paige says:

Oh my goodness! In that last picture, he is so cute! Great finish!

Love, love, love that!! The colors, the original design, the quilting and most of all that adorable baby!

15. adaliza says:

what an amazing quilt – and a beautiful baby too! Your quilting is totally awesome work.

16. Carie says:

Oh wow that is beautiful and the quilting is incredible- did you do it on your ordinary machine or have you got a long arm?

17. Sandra B says:

Love how this quilt turned out…..such a fun design, and the quilting is amazing!!
    Little E is adorable!!

18. Jean Burke says:

This is just beautiful!!! And what a cutie!! Thanks for sharing!

19. What a sweet little guy! And your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors against the white background and all the detailed quilting.

20. Beautiful cute. That smile on Little E’s face is perfection

21. Wow. Just wow! That quilt is gorgeous, and yes, I do it all the time. Also yes, that face is just the cutest!

22. Karin says:

That is gorgeous and that cute little man on top of it made the picture complete.

23. Wow, your quilting is fantastic!

24. Patti says:

That quilt is so cute altho not as cute as “that face!”

25. kaholly says:

I just loved reading this post! Your quilt/quilting is wonderful, and that bay! Oh, my goodness! I have goosebumps clear down to my piggy toes!

26. Love how this has turned out. Great how sections evolved to have different quilting designs in!

27. The colors are so lovely together and the little flags are a great touch. You really brought it home with that fantastic quilting, so many details to see and appreciate. It shows how much fun you had doing it all!

28. Dona allen says:

Oh my! Your quilting is just fabulous. It’s a beauty!

29. Hello Katy,
    Such a gorgeous fun packed quilt – lovely bright colours, fabulous quilting, and the last picture of Little E smiling is the icing on the cake!
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks – your quilt is this week’s featured project!
    Love, Muv

30. Pingback: Best of 2016 | KatyQuilts

31. mbeach128 says:

What fabulous quilted textures on this quilt!! I just love, love, love all the different motifs!! Thank you for sharing!