Another Tiny Finish

I had some leftover triangles from my little Road to Paris quilt so I stitched them up.

My finished quilted ended up 4 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches.

I quilted it on my Juki and pulled the backing around to the front to bind.

The back looks pretty messy!

But it was a fun little project and I like to display tiny quilts with my toy sewing machines.

Have a great day!

Posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Miniature, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

A Little Finish

I think this post could be titled, Try, Try Again! Things went a little crazy after I finished the top. I loaded it up to quilt on the long arm. Yes, I even do small quilts on it!

I liked most of the quilting, but I didn’t like the center blocks. I debated a bit and then ripped stitches.

I had this leftover black binding and used that. It looked too fat to me.

I thought I’d like it better after washing.

Nope. Time to rip that off! I made a new binding. This time I cut my strips 2 inches wide and stitched to the front with a scant quarter inch.

I pulled it to the back as tightly as I could and stitched it down again.

Now, I love it! I’m glad I took the time to fix the things I was not happy with.

I spent lots of time searching for the name of the block pattern and found this in one of my books.

I think I need to make a bed quilt in this pattern!

I also wanted to remind you about that the Buy on Get One Free sale on Accuquilt Studio dies ends February 21st. Just click the link above and use the code BOGOFREE at checkout. This is al affiliate link and I receive a small commission on any purchases made after clicking on my link. I appreciate your support of my blog.

Have a great day!

Posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized | 10 Comments

DWMonday ~ Something New

I’ve been focusing on UFOs and shirting quilts and decided it was time for something entirely new. So I pulled out this Ombre jelly roll and opened it up.

The colors are beautiful! I decided to make a variation of Bonnie Hunter’s Scrappy Trips pattern. Her pattern creates 12 inch blocks and mine will be 16. Also, I’m using white for every other row.

I’m sewing into tubes as she suggests, but I’m using my strip die from Accuquilt for sub cutting.

Time to open one seam in each round and lay it out!

And in true cooking show fashion, here’s one I made earlier.

Honestly, these are a bit boring to make so I’ll probably sew a block or two here and there between other things. Having the strip die really helps speed things along and that helps. You can click here to find all the current deals from Accuquilt.

Have a great day!

This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support.

Posted in Accuquilt, Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Broken Dishes

I have all my swap blocks ready to send for the Fun with Barb swap. I decided I wanted to finish my quilt from the last swap before the next squishy package comes.

So it is pieced, quilted, and today I can finish the binding.

Above is a look at the back. I’ll share more about this quilt when it is all finished.

Have a great day!

Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments

QOV #8

I just realized I hadn’t shared the rest of this months QOVs. This top was pieced by Val.

Above is the panto I used. It is available from Urban Elementz .

I also wanted to let you know that Accuquilt has a fantastic sale right now on the Studio Cutter and dies. Click here for all the details of their President’s Day Sale.

Have a great day!

This post contains affiliate links.

Posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized | 3 Comments

Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Redwork

Prepare for picture over load! I am just smitten with this quilt! I finished the quilting, binding, and washing of it this week. Here are a couple photos before washing.

First I did a cold water rinse to make sure all of the blue marker was gone. The water was disgusting after that one soak! Then I used a bit of blue Dawn dish soap and a product made for vintage textiles called Restoration. It is made by Engleside Products.

I’m not sure you can tell here, but it is so much brighter after washing!

The rusty stains didn’t disappear completely, but they are much improved.

It seems to belong in this room, though not on the bed! It is much too narrow.

Here are some closeups of some of the blocks.

I just love the texture close quilting gives!

I was asked if I prewashed the binding fabric and the answer is yes. I did not want this to turn pink in the wash!

This top was dated 1909 and was made by Ruth Crowley Greene. It was given to me by her granddaughter, Jane, a dear friend of mine. I feel honored to have been able to finish this and believe Ruth would be pleased that it is finished.

Have a great day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Crazy Mom Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts , Lisa in Port Hope

Posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts | 19 Comments

Another Day, Another Shirting Quilt

These are going together very quickly. These shirts are nearly all poly cotton blends or 100% poly. There might be one or two that are all cotton. So I kept the pieces large and the designs very simple. The first two tops are done. Here are the pieces for the third.

Here is my planned layout.

I have half of the rows pieced and should be able to easily finish this top today.

I’ve decided against adding borders to these. I just didn’t want to introduce any non-shirting fabrics.

Have a great day!

Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments