A New Old Quilt

Mr. Wonderful and I went to a few antique malls on Sunday and I found this! I just couldn’t leave it, even though I DO NOT need another quilt! And I rarely buy tied quilts. But the condition is so good and the fabrics so gorgeous….. It measures 78 by 66 inches and the triangles are 4 inches high.

Prepare for picture overload!

Many triangles were pieced.

Love this green!

The binding was pulled from the back and machine stitched down.

The workmanship is beautiful! Here is the back.

I’ve yet to find matching pieces, perhaps it is a true charm quilt?

So many fabrics that I would love to see reproduced!

I confess, I snipped a couple ties. I wanted to see if the holes would close. Yes, I’m thinking about hand quilting it!

For now, it is living on my guest bed. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A New Old Quilt

1. quiltipatti says:

Beautiful quilt. i can see why you would want it. good job. patti in florida

2. Beth French says:

Such a collection of fabrics; I could spend a long time sitting on that bed looking at that array of fabrics! And isn’t it good to see a quilt that is not all half square triangles?

3. It IS beautiful! Good for you for giving it a good home and a new lease on life.

LOL! You answered the question I had in mind even before I asked. I’d love to see you hand quilt this beauty!

5. Kyle says:

What gorgeous vintage fabrics. Glad you were able to bring it home and hopefully, hand quilt it. Lucky you!

6. Snip those ties! Can you reveal what you paid for it?

7. Lorid@Humble Quilts says:

Gorgeous! And such a good bargain!!

It a real beauty!! I love just looking at it. Hugs,

9. I can see why you brought this one home, it is a beauty! Love the prints in it, and no matches! I actually like the look of the ties, but I can see why you want to hand quilt it. Nice rescue, Katy!

10. That is a find! Well done! And in amazing condition…any guess on its age?

11. Oh wow! I am so happy to hear that you might take it apart and hand quilt it. It deserves it. Such a beauty. It surely looks like a New England quilt to me. We find so many of these in Maine, but not all of them are charms so this is a super find! Thanks for sharing the great photos. And, yes let’s get some designers to reproduce more of these super prints!!

12. JanineMarie says:

What a historical treasure of fabrics! This must have never been used. I don’t think I’ve ever seen fabrics of that age looking so bright.