Finish It Up Wednesday

Remember my little log cabin quilt? I did finish it and forgot to share! I hand quilted in the ditch and in the center of the logs.

The next two photos are before washing.

And these are after.

It fits this little bed perfectly.

It is a far cry from the inspirational piece. But I’m happy with it.

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes 2020, Small Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Finish It Up Wednesday

1. Janet O. says:

You often see the vintage color combos of red/green/chrome or pink/green/chrome, but I really like that you have the both the red and pink in there together. Very striking!

2. Pat in WNY says:

I love this sweet little quilt, the colors are so cheerfully old-fashioned

3. It is gorgeous! The hand quilting adds the perfect touch. Love the colors.

4. It’s so pretty – love those traditional colors.

5. Cyndi Black says:

Love your little log cabin quilt! I have a friend who would call the fabrics Pennsylvania Colors!

6. Sharon says:

Well, that’s the difference between being “inspired” by something and “copying” something, isn’t it? 😂 It turned out lovely.

7. One does not realize how small the pieces are until you see it on a doll bed. Well done.

I don’t know how you do it, Katy, but you make the oddest combinations work! I love iy.

9. What a darling quilt – it looks so cute on that bed!

10. It is beautiful! I hope you don’t mind if I link it in with the monthly minis on Friday. So sweet!

11. Judy B Stone says:

What a perfect little doll bed quilt and so in keeping with the time period from which it came…make do with what scraps you have. Love it.

12. Dotti in CT says:

Such an unusual color combination but it works. You do such lovely quilts. Enjoy your blog and your energy.

13. Peg Boalt says: