Cleaning!

I decided to clean the walk in closet off the sewing room. I’ve been putting this off because one thing leads to another and another and another…… Actually, that’s how this drawer ended up looking like this. It is no where near the closet.

But in the closet, I found stuff that belonged in the drawer…..

That got me into sorting stabilizers and such.

You can see that I always have help.

This is all scrap batting, except for the roll in the corner. Much of this was hidden in the closet. Out of sight and all that….I didn’t realize how much I had.

It took a whole day, but the mess has been tamed. Mostly.

I made a bunch of frankenbatting and everything I kept has been measured and labeled. I don’t like looking at it, but there isn’t room in the closet and it needs to be used.

This pile is all men’s shirts. This is going to take some time to deal with.

I have a long way to go. Here’s to hoping I can keep the momentum going! Have a great day!

11 Responses to Cleaning!

1. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

I’ve always wanted a walk-in closet for my clothes. But to have one for sewing…oh my…that would be amazing. ☺

2. Therese Penders says:

I have just had to clear the house as I was having new carpets laid….would love to tidy everything. What do you do with scraps of batting……?

Sent from my iPad

3. rl2b2017 says:

GREAT JOB, Katy! What do you use to keep you big rolls of batting from unwinding? I try to keep it in the box it comes in . . . until it came in a bag. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. Yvonne says:

Cleaning up a mess isn’t something i am good in. My 8 year old grandughter is doing a better job than I do so I admire the job you did! Love the header of your blog!

5. Sue Ahern says:

LOL I dont know where that term frankenbatting came from but I made one this week too and it was awful! Well done on tackling that job!

6. blackeyedsewsan says:

Ha ha-seriously? ONE day-kudos Katy. 3rd floor? Maybe 1 month? 1 year who knows. (St. Anthony maybe?)

7. Sue B says:

Love the frankenbatting! I have a bunch too & now I know I need to spend the time taming that mess. Thanks for your inspiration Katy.

8. That domino effect, one thing leads to another and another. Sometimes I like that, often it frustrates me. The outcome, though, is always satisfying. To see all that tidy order, right? You have cute helpers, by the way!

9. Angie Kaschube says:

Frankenbatting!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

10. Pam Thorne says:

I have been cleaning my sewing room and closets also. Great job on getting the batting organized for future use. Our quilting ministry was given numerous garbage bags of batting scraps. I dealt with them one bag at a time. I “squared” two parallel edges and labeled each piece as to what size it was and made stacks in like sizes. I even keep one long piece that I keep adding to that is 6.5″, the width of my rotary cutting ruler. Sometimes you just need to add a little bit to bring it up to the correct size. I do this to all batting scraps now. Makes it so much easier to piece one in the size you need. Happy sewing and quilting!

11. Val W says:

You did a great job. It looks so much better, and now you’ll be able to find things. I may be inspired to clear all the quilty things off the couch in my sewing room. Maybe!