Vintage TAW

The top is together! I used that estate sale green for setting triangles. I’m going to be really sad when that is gone!

And yes, there are some issues in the lower right. Given the myriad of block sizes, I’m surprised it isn’t worse! I’m most surprised at how well most of the points matched from block to block.

Most of the points are pretty decent. Except for a few like this.

I put the smallest blocks in the corners so I could “fill in” with oversized triangles. It ended up about 56 inches square with two blocks left over. I’ll probably make them into doll quilts.

Now it’s time to plan the quilting. I can’t wait to get this on the frame!

10 Responses to Vintage TAW

1. Paula says:

I love this quilt! I’m a fan of 30s quilts and love seeing your great ideas. Thanks for sharing you wide range of styles and fabric selections.

2. Carla B. says:

Love Weddingdressblue’s comment!!! And the estate green really fisnishes the quilt perfectly. Congratulations.

3. Janet O. says:

Brilliant job, Katy! What a stunning finish!!

4. LOVE this quilt!! Are you aware of any online tutorials for making this particular block? I love it!!

5. Tami Von Zalez says:

I have seen that green called Depression Green or a close one is mint green. I have a mini using that color and want to make a bed-sized.
    I have a couple of projects in my queue I will be setting on point like yours.
    Did you make those blocks or were they from the estate sale also?

This turned out lovely! I agree, that green has been wonderful for several projects. Hugs,

7. In our family we say: If anyone is looking that close they are either VERY STRANGE or already impressed!

8. Diane says:

Love this quilt, the green is an amazing color. That was a great fined.

9. Another great quilt! You’ve sure gotten mileage out of that estate sale green (it’s so cool!) – can you find a Kona that would be similar?

10. Fabulous! It came out beautifully! Happy Spring!