The tumbler top is in timeout, and I’m working with the vines. When I initially made these, I had a strippie quilt in mind. But I never figured out what size, and I always thought I needed more strips. I’ve lost count how many tines I have pulled these out and put them away over the years.
I always thought I would put a solid blue with them, until I was working with the green solid I got from the estate sale. Here’s a closeup of the machine appliqué done on my 1955 Singer 201.
I probably should have added dozens more leaves, but they have a certain naïveté about them that I like.
I mentioned before that the appliqué made the strips wonky. It’s funny how something can sit half finished for years and suddenly, it must be finished now!
You might notice that the vintage fabric Ila sent me has ended up on the back of this. That floral looked so perfect with the green.
Time to plan my quilting. Have a great day!