I’m so happy to be quilting this! I have the perfect person in mind for this.
I thought I would share how I did the feathers. First, I stitched a line one quarter inch from the green/muslin seam. Then I drew a line a half inch from the outside edge. These provide guidelines. I don’t want the tips of my feathers to get lost in the binding. Then I use a wavy template to stitch the spine.
It’s been a while since I have done feathers. I did the inside feathers first a warm up. I figure the outer feathers would show mistakes more.
Then I went back and added the feathers on the other side. Good enough.
I wanted to echo quilt around the vines and leaves. It was harder than I thought and I ended up using templates.
It took forever. But the overall effect worked for me so it was worth it.
Looking forward to sharing this finish soon. Have a great day!