That Green Fabric

I went to an estate sale at this gorgeous house last fall. It was a thrill just to walk through it.

Here is the back.

It was owned by a very prominent family in our town. I picked up this bolt of green fabric for $2. For the whole bolt!

It was wrapped in this brown paper with these notations.

It is a bit heavier than quilting cotton, but it doesn’t seem nearly heavy enough for upholstery fabric. But that color! I am chuffed to bits with how it looks with my tumblers.

I have it all ready to grab and sew.

I have no idea how many yards are on this bolt, but I’m certain I’ll use every single one!

9 Responses to That Green Fabric

1. That is just THE perfect color for your tumblers! and what a house!

2. anudge says:

Just the right background for those tumblers.

That home is simply fabulous! The green yardage will certainly come in handy, Katy. I just wanted to reach inside that porcelain pan start sewing a stack!

4. Shasta says:

That is a beautiful house, and wow what a great find! A beautiful green shade that goes so well with your tumblers at such a wonderful price!

5. What a great purchase – $2!! That just adds to the appeal of using every bit of it, I think. It’s a wonderful shade. Enjoy!

6. Nann says:

I love going to estate sales! I looked up the Rusts and found this: http://www.michigan-history.org/lumbering/bios/BioER.html . . . . You could name the quilt with a pun on the name Rust or on “lumber baron.”

7. Kathy D. says:

Such an interesting story! Thanks for sharing.

8. Sharon Bennett says:

Mmmm…luvin’ that green! šŸ™‚

9. Wow, what a house and what a find! A great green to set off your bright tumblers. Curious – did you pre wash before cutting?