Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy 4 Patch

After over a year, I can put a fork in it because this quilt is DONE!

This is the pantograph I used to quilt it.

I knew the quilting wouldn’t show much in the center, but I wanted it quilted close enough that there was at least one line of stitching over every single piece. This quilt has 4,860 pieces in total. The smallest squares finish at one inch.

I also wanted a pantograph that would make a good border design in the brown borders.i think the blue binding frames it nicely without clamoring for attention.

I listened to a good chunk of this while binding. I haven’t finished it yet, but it is very good so far.

This quilt is for me. It measures 98 inches square so there is a generous drop on my queen sized bed.

This next picture shows about 2/3s of the quilt. It isn’t easy to find a good place to photograph a quilt this big!

Scrap quilts are my favorites!

I’m way behind on responding to comments and for that I apologize. Life has been busy since returning from AZ and I was driven to get this quilt finished this week! Thanks for following along even when I get behind.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Alycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Finishes 2020, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy 4 Patch

1. abydolinger says:

I love this quilt! Congrats on finishing it!

2. Christie Brehm says:

I absolutely LOVE your quilt! It looks fantastic on the bed! You did a wonderful job with it. And, I like that binding on it – finishes it off nicely! HUGS… and stitches

3. It is beautiful, particularly on a bed. Well done!

4. Congratulations on a great finish! It looks wonderful on your bed and what a cozy room. Great idea for binding color.

5. Judy Blauer says:

It’s truly beautiful! When I think scrappy quilt, this is what’s in my mind!

6. Joy Paull says:

Oh my! My heart skipped a beat. Your scrap quilt is beautiful! It looks wonderful on your bed. Found your link at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

7. anudge says:

What a beauty! And all from scraps. Congratulations!!

8. Elizabeth V K says:

I love scrappy quilts also and that is beautifully scrappy. Great job!

Oh, Katy! I’m speechless. What an amazing accomplishment. I don’t blame you for keeping this one.

10. Pat in WNY says:

Beautiful finish, and I love the way the quilting brings out some lovely dimension. It’s no wonder that you’re keeping this one for yourself!

11. Wow, you are fast! I adore this quilt. You just can’t beat a good scrap quilt. Congratulations!

12. Ranch Wife says:

It’s hard to beat a scrappy patchwork quilt and yours is gorgeous! I already have a leader-ender project going, but I may need to add another one. 😉 Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

13. LoriD says:

It is gorgeous! I have one similar at the quilters and look forward to getting it back soon.

14. Wow – that is a great finish!! and the quilting pattern looks SO great on it!!!

15. Jayne Willis says:

Wow! What a finish! So many pieces that it boggles my mind! The quilting is perfect and looks like it hit every single block!

16. Kathy D. says:

Everything about this quilt is a treat for the eyes. Well done! I also enjoyed that audio book.

17. rl2b2017 says:

Wow, Katy! This is gorgeous and that quilting pattern is just perfect for it. I’ll bet that feels wonderful to snuggle under, and it looks great on your bed. Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

18. Dotti Hossler says:

Slow and steady wins the reward of an awesome quilt! Looks wonderful.

19. Libby M. says:

I love everything about this quilt. Your quilting has such definition. What kind of batting did you use?

20. Kathy S says:

Gorgeous! I especially love the panto you used. I’m working on a similar quilt but the blocks are on point. Hopefully I’ll get to play with making more blocks during spring break in a couple of weeks. Happy sewing!

21. johannes123qqq says:

oh Kathy, what a result!.
    So many abrics and colours.
    Beautiful Quilting to.

22. Suzy R. says:

This quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on another beautiful finish.