More Tumbler Fun

I spent some time laying out my tumblers.

I had cut these gray tumblers to alternate with the prints. But it didn’t sing.

I had a piece of a green solid on the design wall and threw some tumblers up over that.

Now it sings! Time to change the plan. I grabbed this die and cut green tumblers.

The best part of this change in plans, is that I no longer have leftover print tumblers! I am sure I’ll use these gray ones at some point for a baby quilt. They would look great with pink prints, or maybe aqua. They don’t feel like a UFO to me.

There is a story about that green fabric. I’ll share that soon. Have a great day!

6 Responses to More Tumbler Fun

1. Jay says:

I’m so glad to see this post. I’ve had a box of tumblers cut for awhile, but didn’t feel I had enough variety. If I use a single alternate tumbler, what I have would work, and it would go twice as far! Thanks so much for the inspiration, Katy!

2. Tami Von Zalez says:

I have some 30 repro fabric cut and plan on using a mint green (or depression green) border. Looking forward to your story.

3. Janet O. says:

Good choice–besides, it is March and green is always a good thing in March, right? Whether you are talking the coming of spring, or “the wearin’ of the green.” 🙂

4. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

The green definitely looks better. When I find time (LOL), I plan to cut my scraps using my tumbler die.

5. johannes123qqq says:

I admire your playing with the Tumblers.

6. Yvonne says: