Finish It Up Friday ~ Bow Tie

And it’s done!

And I’m thrilled with how it turned out!

E1 decided to help me show it off. 😊

Crosshatching is not the easiest on a longarm, but I love how it turned out.

The rest of these photos show how it looked after washing.

The backing and binding came from some vintags pieces from my Great Aunt Celia’s stash. She passed away three years ago at 99.

I love how this turned out, the crosshatch quilting isn’t that fun to do, but the texture is amazing and it was just right for this little quilt.

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Bow Tie

1. jean fletcher says:

Love how you fixed and finished this quilt!

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

It turned out great. And that’s a cute model you have. ☺

3. anudge says:

Ecellent reconstruction and save.

4. Libby M. says:

It’s stunning! In my opinion a simple block combined with a simple quilting pattern always makes the most beautiful quilt. Great work! I would have taken one look at those misshapen blocks you received and thought, “No Way!”

5. bewtjwgmailcom says:

love it!

6. patti leal says:

great job! your quilt turned out wonderful. i salute you for doing the cross-hatching on the longarm. way not easy to do there. patti in florida

7. Lois A says:

I must confess, I wasn’t a fan of this quilt from your first post up and until the finished product showed up today I wasn’t a fan. Now I say, well done! You had a great eye for this one!

8. I love it!!! And how special!!

9. Diane says:

Bow tie quilt is just toooo cute. I wasn’t sure I liked the blue for the solid blocks but I should have remembered you know how to pick colors.

I love your quilt, it is so cute!! I love the crosshatching too. It was perfect. Your sweet grand is toooo cute. Hugs,

11. Love this quilt, Katy. That blue just makes those bows shine! It looks wonderful draped over the crib, but my favorite picture is the one with that handsome little guy 🙂

12. Ahhh…perfect! I love what you did there. Such a great finish. Thank you for sharing.

13. Kathy D. says:

Beyond impressed with the work you did to make this sweet little quilt come to life. The maker of the original bowtie blocks would be tickled with your efforts.

14. Val W says:

What a sweet quilt. It looks vintage and warm and snuggly. The crosshatch quilting was the perfect choice.

15. Terri Bertalan says:

I love how it came out and your model makes it even cuter!