I didn’t need another hobby….

…. Mr. Wonderful would probably say obsession. But here I go! I acquired this lovely house from my good friend, Donna and her daughter.

It needs a few repairs and some finishing touches.

I’m so excited about this! It is something I’ve always wanted.

I couldn’t resist putting some of the furniture in.

There will be an awesome sewing room in that attic space!

I only have a couple Iceland posts left, so I think the doll house will be my Saturday subject going forward.

This entry was posted in Doll House, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I didn’t need another hobby….

Oh, how WONDERFUL, Katy! It sure brings back memories of the lovely “tin” two story dollhouse I had as a child in the late 40’s (which probably came from Sears). Check out Coleen Moore’s doll house exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago (where I grew up). https://www.msichicago.org/explore/whats-here/exhibits/colleen-moores-fairy-castle/exhibit/kitchen/

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! I LOVE THIS!! I have always wanted to decorate a dollhouse. That kitchen desperately needs to be spruced up – all the rooms do. Get your itty bitty scraps out and get busy. This will be so fun to follow! ~smile~ Roseanne

3. Hooray for your new little house – I loved mine when I was young and always wanted a fancy one like the one you now have (mine was a prefab tract house). Looking forward to your Saturday posts!

4. Diane says:

Looking forward to your progress reports. Doll house are soooooo fun.

5. Loris Mills says:

Camille at Thimbleberries has been making a house this summer. Check out her photos on Instagram. She’s having fun with it.

6. Shasta says:

I bought a dollhouse kit a long time ago but I haven’t put it together yet. This is a beautiful house! I look forward to seeing it developed!

7. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

How cute. Have fun decorating.

How exciting!! I look forward to what happens in your new little house. Hugs,

9. It is a beautiful piece–i can see how you are smitten with it;))) hugs, Julierose

10. Donna Gross says:

Aww, I love that you put in the furniture, brings back fond memories. I’m going to enjoy these posts. Have fun. 😘