Sewing with Fire!

Also known as welding. 😊 I’m part of a group called the Ladies Offroad Network. We are working on completing 11 challenges in 10 weeks. One of the challenges was to learn a bit of welding. So I contacted a family friend and he generously spent several hours on two separate nights with me last week in his workshop.

Cutting.

Bending.

Cleaning.

And welding!

Matt is a terrific teacher, very patient! I had a blast! I think given enough practice, this is something I would really enjoy. Not that I need another obsession…πŸ™„

And what did I weld? First project was just welding these two small pieces of stainless steel together. You can see that my welding is not exactly professional grade….cough, cough….

And I made this heart out of rebar scraps.

And my favorite project was making this cross out of masonry nails.

I’m so thankful for friends that give so generously of their time and talents. I loved doing this!

I’m also thankful for all of you that read about my silly adventures. I’m woefully behind on responding to comments once again. But I thank you all for your kind words.

8 Responses to Sewing with Fire!

1. anudge says:

Your skills are showing. Love that cross!

Well, look at YOU! I’m glad you had fun during the challenge. The cross is my favorite.

3. patti leal says:

katy, how clever are you! your masonry cross is fantastic! friends that teach us things are just wondeful. thanks for sharing. patti in florida

You are just amazing!!! We never know what your up to next, which I think is wonderful. My favorite is the cross, it’s beautiful. Hugs,

5. Lorid @ Humble Quilts says:

That is awesome!!

6. Kathy D. says:

So fun to see you doing this, Katy. I had to do some welding as part of a college class, and found it quite challenging. Well done!

7. You are a woman of many talents. It’s fun to see you follow your curiosity and try new things! Love that masonry nail cross — so cool!

8. Wow! You rock! And, congratulations on your off road award. What fun!