Hmmmm….

I finished the blocks I showed you on Monday.

I loved the first quilt I made in this pattern, but I’m not loving this one. Also, in my brain fog, I said these were 24 inch blocks. They are actually 18 inch blocks. I’m trying to decide where to go from here.

I did get another 50 leader/ended 4 patches done in the process, so there is that.

8 Responses to Hmmmm….

1. LeAnn Hileman says:

i THINK THAT once you sew the blocks together the secondary pattern of the navy and green blocks will show up more and that will make it look more cohesive. Carry on girl!

2. I agree that the corners are too heavy. What about adding another triangle to each, leaving the navy and green as thin lines, rather than triangles? I think I’d like it if the corners ended with the same fabric or color as the block background. Then maybe sash with corner stones that would be in the center of the new “unit” created by the navy & green outlines? Thanks for a fun early morning brain tease! 😉

3. anudge says:

Would then make a charity baby quilt

4. anudge says:

A bright sashing would make them a fun quilt. for me it’s the corner stones are too dark/dull?

5. Tina Witherell says:

The blocks are wonderful! I like the idea of another row since I don’t fancy square quilts. How about sashing and corner stones? I know you’ll come up with something wonderful.
    Tina in Oregon

6. Well, I know you’ll come up with a solution for those lovely blocks. I love them! I thought of you this weekend, during our quilt show. During the bed turning, Rosie (quilt historian) shared that the Baptist Fan quilting was also known as “elbow quilting”. I thought that was an interesting term!

7. Diane says:

I like the block pattern and would like to find instructions for making it. I think possibly for your top , you might want to add another row so it wouldn’t be a square and than I would add a boarder of some kind????.
    I would also like to as where I can find a stencil for the Baptist Fan. I like the looks of it for hand quilting.
    Blessings. Diane

8. Kathy D. says:

I like those blocks and look forward to seeing what you do with them.