Christmas Decorating with Quilts

I’ll be taking down my Christmas decorations soon, but I thought I’d share them with you before I do. We kept things very simple this year since we were in Arizona for a good chunk of December. I put up this small tree. I use a vintage quilt for a tree skirt.

I got out several of of red and white quilts.

I didn’t put a garland on the bannister this year, so I displayed some red and green quilts.

This log cabin looked good in the front hall.

Christmas quilt on the back of the couch, handy for getting cozy.

And the stockings were hung b the chimney, with care!

I had small red and white quilts on the tables as well, but I forgot to take photos of those.

The great thing about minimal decorating, is that it won’t take long to put it all away. I may leave these quilts out for a while.

10 Responses to Christmas Decorating with Quilts

1. allisonreidnem says:

What a lovely way to display some of your quilts. The red and white ones look festive next to the tree but could easily be left out long after the tree and baubles have been put away.

2. Liz says:

Great show of quilts. Love the quilting on the first one.

3. Sandra B says:

Love all the quilts, Katy!
    Red and white quilts would also be great for Valentine’s Day!
    I have one Christmas quilt that I made years ago. That one adorns the back of the sofa in our den each December. I have two more currently in progress, but only work on them now and then… One is now a finished top, the other is a redwork quilt. All the redwork is finished, but there is piecing left to do… Maybe this will be the year they become finished quilts…fingers crossed! Seeing all of your red and white quilts has inspired me to push those two to the top of the list for 2019….
    Thanks for sharing!!

4. Laura Haynes says:

Beautiful! Please also tell us about the rod setup holding your stockings.

5. LoriD @ Humble Quilts says:

Very lovely!! My tree comes down today too. How is the flag framed? I’d love a closer look.

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

How wonderful! I would be oooing and ahing at your house. I just got a quilt shelf for Christmas so I am deciding where to put it.

7. What beautiful quilts! Each year I tell myself I’m going to make a Christmas quilt, and I never get it done. Maybe this will be the year . . . LOL.

8. blackeyedsewsan says:

Oh, forgot-no one seems to put pockets in their designs anymore!

9. blackeyedsewsan says:

I am not really a ‘red’ person but do adore simple red/white quilts. They make such an impact! Would #1 fit in my pocket? LOL

10. barbvedder says:

Wonderful quilts and decorations on display!