Finish It Up Friday ~ Half Hexies

I had several rows of this quilt put together before I left for AZ. Mr. Wonderful did all of the Christmas cooking so I was able to sneak down to the sewing room to do another row or two here and there.

After Christmas, I got the top quilted and bound.

I just love the texture this panto gives!

I used a layer cake of Nest by Moda and added a few bits from my stash.

The backing is a light gray.

This is the panto I used. I’ve used a version of this before. During the recent sale at Urban Elementz , I ordered this in a larger size. Apparently, I really love it. As I ended up accidentally ordering two.

I’ve decide that from now on when I gift a quilt, I’m just going to roll it up and tie it rather than wrap it. So much easier.

And finally, here is a shot of the whole thing.

I love how it turned out, even though these really aren’t my colors. No worries, I have a friend who has persevered through many challenges that I will gift it too. She is an inspiration to me. I’m hoping this will help her to feel loved as she recovers from a serious health challenge.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict ,

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Half Hexies

1. KatieQ says:

I love this quilt. The fabrics are bright and pretty and drawn together beautifully by the bright white. The quilting adds wonderful texture.

It turned out great, Katie! I’m sure she’ll love it. I know I would.

3. anudge says:

Beautiful! She’s going to love it.

4. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! WOWEE! The texture on this quilt is beyond. Beyond me thinking of an adjective! Gorgeous. I am sure your friend will just adore it. How could she not?!! Happy New Year! ~smile~ Roseanne

5. The quilting does give it great texture. Well done. I’m going to try half hexies one of these days.

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

I really love the look of the half hexies, I just need to grab a template and do one of those this year.

7. LoriD @ Humble Quilts says:

It is lovely and the quilting is spectacular! I’m sure your friend will feel doubly loved as she wraps herself in this lovely quilt.

8. Katy, I love this quilt! What a gorgeous gift for a friend. I’m sure it will bless her.

9. Oh, Katy, what a lovely, cheerful quilt to give your friend who is going through a difficult time. I really like the quilting too; that wavy texture is so pretty!

10. Paula says:

I love hexies and this quilt is a great hexagon quilt. I love the colors too! Your friend is very lucky to have you on her side during this difficult time. Thanks for sharing.

11. Sharon Browne says:

Very pretty quilt finish. I love that line and that quilting design is awesome!

12. Val W. says:

What a lovely quilt. Your quilting makes those half hexies dance.