Quilting Decisions

I got my Good Will top loaded. I know, there are so many other projects I should be working on.

Anyway, I’m currently trying to decide how to quilt this. These are the options I’m looking at.

This next one might be too busy.

Hmmm….decisions, decisions….

BTW, all of the above designs are available from Urban Elementz and that is an affiliate link.

This entry was posted in Affiliates, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Quilting Decisions

1. Not sure if you wanted voting but my choices would be Modern Wave first then Yarn Tangle…can’t wait to see what you choose!

2. verveinelin says:

My favorite are number one and number four !

3. Sandra B says:

I would pick Yarn Tangle as #1 choice, with Modern Wave 3 as choice #2. With so many fabrics and colors, I think the other options are either too busy, or look too modern for this quilt. Just my two cents’ worth! I know your choice will look great, whether you go with one of these, or pick something entirely different!!

4. quiltipatti says:

i personally like chapparal for this quilt. curvy, floating lines that don’t overwhelm. i get so many ideas from your piecing. this one appears to be dark/dark half squares together along with light/light or medium/medium half squares set on point. i’d like to know the finished size of the half squares even thought i’m sure i could use any size. this would take care of so many scrappy things that may not go with anything else. thanks for all the sharing you do. i know you’ll pick the right one.. patti in florida pleal@cfl.rr.com

5. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! WOWEE, that Mesmerize is some pattern! I like the yarn tangle for this quilt, but I cannot wait to see mesmerize used some time. That is really cool! ~smile~ Roseanne

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

I am in love with that quilt top! I vote for Chaparral.

7. Lisa says:

Definitely go with Modern Wave! That quilting design will not overwhelm the piecing.

8. sarahsbusy says:

awee. tough choices! I totally see why getting input is so valuable here!. I have agonized over this conundrum for you and I think…. if you can get modern wave to go in a straight line then it would be perfect otherwise the structured feel to this quilt will be lost and it might look sloppy. hahah way to sell it Sarah (talking to myself) I am the worst.

9. Oh I LOVE that Mesmerize. The texture would be so yummy. Have you used it on other quilts before? I’d love to see it if you have. I can see how it might be busy for this particular gorgeous quilt you have. You find the most wonderful things! I’m looking forward to seeing what you end up doing!

10. Connie says:

I had a longarm machine for several years. I am such a simple girl that in spite of all the patterns and designs one could quilt, my favorite look on my own quilts is the meander stipple. I like the look of closer stitching so there are no puffs of fabric in between, I guess that’s why. Most people don’t prefer it, so I’m in the minority, I know. Just one of my quirks. :). Happy quilting!

11. Of the choices you have here I like the first on (Chapparal) best. Yarn Tangle second best.

12. I’d probably go with Chaparral or Yarn Tangle. Those two just seem to fit better to me. I know you’ll choose the best though, so looking forward to seeing what you do!

13. Pamela Thorne says:

Love the quilt! I’m partial to anything feathers so Chaparral has my vote!

14. blackeyedsewsan says:

I adore Mesmerize but NOT for this sprightly quilt; IMHO Yarn Tangle has an old fashion vibe that is perfect for all of these fabrics. 🙂 Susan

15. Kathy D. says:

I agree with Diane: Modern Wave 3; however, Mesmerize lives up to its name and I’d love to see it on a project sometime.

16. Diane says:

I vote for Modern Wave 3. My general rule of thumb is the busier the fabric/quilt design the simpler the quilting. I love your “find”. What a treasure!