Another Fun Find

Hello everyone! I’ve spent the last several days visiting family and just got home last night. So, while it looks like I’ve been busy in the sewing room, those recent posts were scheduled ahead.

I am very excited to share with you this happy find though.

This quilt top is huge! Almost 84 by 100 inches.

I’m guessing this dates to the early 1980s, but it does contain some fabrics that date back as far as the 50s. Most are probably from the 60-70s. The blue floral edge piece in the next photo is just like a blouse I wore as a freshman in high school which was 1979.

This was entirely hand pieced and very nicely done. So I just couldn’t leave it there.

Here is the price tag.

I’m looking forward to quilting this one up!

I’ll try to get caught up on comments soon. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Another Fun Find

1. Nann says:

Vintage scrappy goodness! What a find!

2. Cin says:

You lucky girl.

Sent from my iPhone

I love the quilt top, the colors are all so great! The price is absolutely amazing! Good for you. Hugs,

4. abydolinger says:

No. You could not just leave it in the Goodwill store! What a great scrappy quilt!

5. WOW! What I find. I can’t wait to see how you finish it. The maker would be so pleased.

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

Holy moly! A quilt top. I haven’t run into one of those yet, here’s hoping.

7. Sandra B says:

Katy, this is awesome! So many great fabrics and colors….looking forward to seeing how you quilt it….
    Being a hand piecer myself, I can appreciate all the time that went into the making of this quilt top.
    Great find!!

8. Sharon Browne says:

I recognize some of those fabrics too. That blue floral was a favorite of mine. I love it when I stumble upon a deal like that. It always makes my day.

9. Shasta says:

Wow that is really pretty! Love all the fabulous fabrics in it.

10. I’m so glad you took it home with you. I often wonder why the quilt never stayed in the family, whether they understood all the work that went into it. It needed a home where someone would love it and give it a beautiful finish. I can’t think of a better home than yours!

11. sarahsbusy says:

I am so glad you scooped this one up ❤ I know it is in good hands and I a lover of quilts can rest easy. lol

Sarah

12. Wow, only 7.99 for all that fabric and hard work!!! Thank goodness you saved it and will finish it 🙂 Can’t wait to follow your progress!!

13. Therese penders says:

What a find! A treasure!

14. What a fabulous find! It couldn’t be in better hands. And yes, I agree about the date. I have several of those fabrics. We are so lucky now to have so many choices!

15. rl2b2017 says:

OMGGGGG! $7.99 for this huge quilt?! Thank heavens you stumbled upon it and saved it. Someone put a lot of work into making it, and having you finish it off is just perfect. ~smile~ Roseanne