I was perusing Pinterest yesterday morning and came across this quilt. When I clicked through the link it brought me to this auction page. It appears this sweet quilt just sold. I loved it and decided right then to make my own version.
I made extensive use of this die and my Accuquilt studio cutter.
After making strip sets for the blocks, I used the same die to subcut my units.
It didn’t take long at all to make my blocks, even though I made six instead of four.
Here is my pieced top.
One of the things I loved about the little vintage quilt, was the quirky quilting. I quilted mine in a similar fashion. After I started adding the binding, I decided it needed more quilting.
Bad idea. Very bad.
Since it was already off the long arm, I had to finish with the walking foot on my domestic machine. After adding a little more in the cross hatch area, I had to add more in the diagonals. Ugh. I finally quilt and put the binding back on.
I need to learn that sometimes less is more.
A good wash helped, but I really wish I hadn’t added more quilting.
The back is a hot mess for sure.
But it doesn’t look too bad on my little bed!
I guess I’ll keep it.
Have a great day!
This post contains affiliate links.