A Different Kind of Finish

As you know, I’ve been working on my card catalog project this week. Just to remind you, here is a before photo.

After a lot of sanding, painting, and such, here is the finished project.

I purchased the hair pin legs on Amazon. The fabric for the top is a drop cloth purchased at my local big box home improvement store. The foam was recycled from a no longer used cushion.

I’m not totally happy with the top. The corners aren’t great, but I wanted to make sure there were no sharp corners with the littles around.

I think I will really enjoy using this in place of our old coffee table. It is great for putting your feet up and it has great storage for remotes!

This entry was posted in Home projects. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Different Kind of Finish

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Yowza, this turned out great. Now you get to enjoy your hard work and efforts every day. Those drawers are just perfect for the remotes, and I can just see the littles moving them around for you. Soon it will be a guessing game to figure out where they are stored each day! ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Shasta says:

You’ve doubled the functionality with the cushion on top. Great finish!

3. chrisknits says:

Perfect!! You’ll have to label each of the remote drawers!! Is there a Dewey system for that?

4. LOVE IT! Great re-purpose. You are sure to enjoy it for many years to come.

Its fantastic! You did such a great job on redoing it. I love it. Hugs,

6. Rochelle Summers says:

I was wondering what you were going to put in the drawers. I can see the littles storing lots of trucks and cars, etc. in them.

Love it! And the soft corners are perfect for the safety of the little ones. I agree with piecefulwendy when she says the drawers will be tons of fun for them as well.

8. anudge says:

Gosh, you’re good!! Great piece.

9. Connie says:

Very creative and it looks absolutely great! Kudos

10. What a fun redo, Katy! I’m sure the little guys will enjoy all those drawers too — just think how fun to store legos or little toys in there. What fun!

11. Dotti says:

“Jeepers” that was Really clever! You are very industrious these days. Just gave me inspiration for my cedar chest. Will make a cushion for it and place at bottom of bed. Just needs to cool down a bit first.

12. Elizabeth says:

Such a great idea for a card catalog. I know that had to be a lot of work. It looks great and will certainly be handy with all of the drawers.