A Very Quick Finish!

I purchased this baby quilt top at a yard sale this summer. Since I’m always needing baby quilts, I decided to get it finished up.

I love the 30s prints. Like my new gloves? These anti vibration gloves were recommended by my doctor to prevent further nerve damage in my hands. I’m supposed to wear them any time I’m using something that causes vibration. So that means when long arming.

I have small hands and these are a bit big. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it! The pantograph I used is called Yarn Tangle and it is available from Urban Elementz .

My machine binding is slowly improving. I found this backing fabric in my stash.

I was able to finish this up in no time at all since the top was already done for me! I hope the original maker would be pleased.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Dizzy Quilts

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A Very Quick Finish!

1. anudge says:

Cute quilt. Are those gloves similar to compression gloves? I got mine at a prosthetic shop that fitted the gloves to my hand.

2. Keryn Emmerson says:

Rather than wear the gloves, can you wrap the handles of your machine in something that will dampen the vibration? Those gloves look cumbersome 😦

3. Bonnie in Va says:

Serendipity! Great backing to go with the found top. Love how Yarn Tangle looks on the top. I own that design too but with my computerized I can change the size. I think I’ve been running it too big. It looks great on this quilt …. whatever the size is. Thanks for sharing.

4. Izzy says:

Cute little finish – I love the quilting! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF! 🙂

5. Lynn White says:

Wonderful how quilting transforms a top – looks gorgeous. Hope the gloves help the hands, can’t stop quilting.

6. It looks really nice. One does wonder why it was abandoned when it needed so little to finish it…

7. dezertsuz says:

Great to find something like that at a yard sale, and then you turned it into something so beautiful! I like that panto. It looks like it would be fast and easy, but it’s also really cute on the baby quilt.

It’s adorable! I love the quilting on it.

9. barbara woods says:

very cut baby quilt

10. Tami Von Zalez says:

I am always on the hunt for quilt tops or partially completed ones. I get such a kick at finishing them, like they are given the life they were supposed to lead. Yours is sweet and snuggly!

11. Quiltmouse says:

someone will be a very lucky recipient of your lovely quilt. I love the quilting, especially for a baby quilt. I’ve never heard of those gloves. I hope they help. Glad you are getting some completions done! Happy Stitching!

12. chrisknits says:

What a cute finish! I love it draped over the crib.

13. Therese penders says:

Lovehis little thing! DO take care of your hands!!

14. Fun little quilt, someone is going to be really happy!

15. Kathy D. says:

What a sweet little finish indeed!