Work on Seven Sisters Begins

I have decided that this Seven Sisters Top will be my next hand quilting project.

You can probably tell that this top has some issues. Those borders are very friendly. See how much they wave?

And those “corners!” I decided to remove the borders and reapply them.

Look how much longer the borders were than the rest of the top!

That explains things! And this is why you should measure and cut your borders to size. That is my next job.

I do have a cute helper.

She has great taste in quilts.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Work on Seven Sisters Begins

1. Wow, seeing the borders laid out across the top is incredible. Having the right length borders makes a huge difference doesn’t it. I love watching your work on vintage quilts.

2. Shasta says:

Wow that is a big difference in the length of the borders. So much straighter now! It is a beautiful quilt and I am sure you will do magic with it.

3. dezertsuz says:

It’s remarkable how square this quilt is without the borders! I have a similar quilt I bought as an antique in Charleston one year. I think I might know where it is. I’m going to have to drag it out this winter and think about quilting it. I had completely forgotten about it, so thanks for the nudge to my brain.

4. Edwina Finet says:

You are definitely an EMT for the quilt world, and it is fascinating to see how you manage these “loose Goosey” pieces. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

5. Deb says:

I rather like the quilt without those borders! It’s a wonderful oldie.

6. audrey says:

Beautiful quilt. So glad you are taking time for it! Love the colors especially.:)

7. anudge says:

These posts will be very helpful as to how I can tackle my five old quilt tops. Thank you!

8. Charlotta Bright Norby says:

Your dog is adorable 🐾❤️ Such a great decision to redo the borders! It’ll make all the difference in the world.

9. Lois M Campbell says:

Oh, my achin’ hands!! You sure have your work cut out for you. Please take care and pace yourself.

10. Sharon Browne says:

That is one gorgeous quilt! You ought to enter the photo of your dog on the quilt for their Pets on Quilts parade and contest at Lily Pad Quilting. https://lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/2018/08/pets-on-quilts-2018.html?showComment=1533930889709#c3993627076718834288

11. Janice says:

Oh this is so fun to watch! It’s fascinating little pieces of detective work to figure out the problems and resolve them and it’s going to be SO WONDERFUL when you’re done! How big is this quilt?

12. Good decision to take them off and put them on properly! Beautiful quilt, and your inspector is adorable.

13. I wondered about that border when I first saw the quilt, but I had no idea the borders were that off! That does explain things! It will be fun to see how this comes together for you. The colors are so pretty! I can’t imagine someone giving this quilt up!

14. Kathy D. says:

This is such a stunning quilt top; it will be a joy to watch you bring it to life.