Is Begun Really Half Done?

I hope so! I gotta say, I had a hard time starting the quilting on this after I loaded it. The piecing is very simple, the quilting would either make or break this one. I wanted a feather border so I marked registration lines.

I started quilting the outside feathers first.

When I got as far as I could with that, I stitched the feather spine.

When I got back to where I started, I stitched the inner feathers. Here is how it looks after removing my blue registration marks.

The border is 12 inches wide so these are some pretty fat feathers. I’m doing continuous curve quilting in the 49 patch blocks.

I need to figure out what to quilt in these sashing bits next.

I hope to figure this out soon. I need to get this done! I’m so glad I finally have all the arts and I’m able to use my new machine!

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Free Motion Quilting, Fresh Modern Quilts, HQ Forte, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Is Begun Really Half Done?

1. Janet O. says:

Love how you have chosen to quilt this.

2. Lin McQuiston says:

Your feathered border is beautiful. If I were you, I’d be tempted to repeat those feathers in the white rectangles. Whatever you decide, it will be gorgeous.

3. SO PRETTY! This quilt is going to be beautiful. What if you did ghost checkers to continue on the pattern and do some kind of dense quilting in every other square?

4. Rochelle Summers says:

What beautiful quilting. I think you “made” the quilt. I’m sure the sashing will be equally lovely. Does this mean you’ve got the new replacement parts for your machine?

5. Your quilting is lovely. All the thought and care you are putting into it will pay off in the end. Goodness…it is paying off already!

6. Val W. says:

Love those feathers! They look wonderful on this quilt.

7. I agree, this is going to be a beautiful quilt. It’s great fun to see you quilting away on your new machine!

It’s going to be beautiful! I love the quilting. You are so good at it and pick such great designs to use. Hugs,

9. Kathy D. says:

It seems clear to me that the quilting will definitely “make” this one. Congrats on having all the pieces for your new baby!