Finish It Up Friday ~ Eagle QOV

I finished piecing this top and got it quilted before I loaded up the wedding quilt.

This is the panto that I used. It is available from Urban Elementz . This is a 15 inch wide design. I love that I can do these larger designs on Friday!

The eagle is a little hard to see on the front, but it’s there.

I’m glad I used a plain backing; it shows very well there!

Remember how I bragged about my machine binding? Yeah, well, pride goes before a fall! I cut off every single point on the outside edge of this quilt!

Hahaha! That what I get for bragging! Still, I’m pleased with the quilt overall.

I still need to wash, label, and make a presentation case for it.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Anja Quilts,Busy Hands Quilts , Crazy Mom Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in Finishes, HQ Forte, Pantographs, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Eagle QOV

1. That’s a great quilt. The eagles are wonderful. I know what you mean about bragging and then messing up. I also know that we quilters love to point out our mistakes to each other! lol

2. What a wonderful piece! Classic design, great contrast with your colors, and the eagle quilting is just perfect for a QOV. Congrats on a super finish!

Oh, and I cut off points all the time with my machine binding. I try to remember to trim the quilt with a little extra on the edge so that doesn’t happen!

3. Lynn White says:

Just gorgeous, colours, pattern and quilting. Lovely.

4. quiltipatti says:

katy, you didn’t make a mistake. you were consistent in chopping all the outside corners. the quilt is great and i’m sure will be loved immensely. patti in florida pleal@cfl.rr.com

5. Oh you silly goose! You don’t need to show us your imperfections. I’ve been hearing this preached to me quite a bit lately and it is finally beginning to sink in. When I look at the pictures of your quilt, I just see a beautiful pattern executed beautifully! And the quilting is just as wonderful. Another great finish, Katy. 🙂

6. GOsh – what a great quilt – and the quilting is perfect for it!

7. Kathy D. says:

That’s a wonderful quilt, and I guarantee the recipient won’t be looking at the points!

8. Anne says:

Your quilting choices always add the perfect finishing touch. I love machine binding too and found a great tip recommended by an expert quilt designer to prevent lost points. When you make the top, just add a small framing border in the background color to float them away from the binding.

I love this quilt, it’s lovely! Have a good weekend. Hugs,

10. Therese penders says:

I am sooo glad to see your plain backing. I don’t like spending on fancy backing…… not only, but the quilting can’t be admired..

11. Val W. says:

I really have to remember that your new machine is named Friday. My first thought was you could do that any day of the week. Lol I love how this one came out – simple blocks, striking result.

12. I like this pattern. I continue to be amazed at how versatile HSTs are. Your machine binding looks great. Well done.

13. abydolinger says:

I really like this quilt design. Your Quilting adds a meaningful dimension for this QOV.