Finish It Up Friday ~ Jelly Roll Quilt

Here’s my first finish quilted on Friday. I’m surprised how different it feels than my Avante. We are still getting to know each other!

You can read my tip for piecing jelly roll quilts here. It’s a game changer for me.

The backing looks gray here, but it is actually more of a taupe color.

My machine binding is improving.

I used a poly batt on this one. I have part of a roll I’m trying to use up.

Clearly, this isn’t an heirloom quilt, but it was very fast and fun!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Crazy Mom Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts , Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland

This entry was posted in Finishes, Jelly Rolls, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Jelly Roll Quilt

1. That really was fast, wasn’t it? Lovely shot of it on the lawn!

2. Tish says:

Fast and fun is always good in my book 🙂 Congrats on your finish, it is beautiful!

3. It looks great. Your quilting is great. I’m sure you and Friday will get comfortable soon enough.

4. What a cozy, comfy quilt! I really like that half-moon-ish quilting motif. And I’d say you’ve nailed the machine binding 🙂

5. Zafira says:

Quick and simple with a great combo of colors? The best result!

6. Lisa says:

I have never made a jellyroll race quilt before but I like the tip.

7. Alison says:

This is so cute! Love those quick and easy quilts.

8. Tami Von Zalez says:

Wonderful autumnal colors – sometimes quick and simple is truly delightful.
    I just can’t get the hang of machine binding, I continue to do it the hand sewn binding method.

This turned out beautiful! I love the quilting on it too. Hugs,

I’d say your machine binding is PERFECT! Not every quilt can be an “heirloom” quilt but this one is gorgeous in its own way…and like you said, “fun”.

11. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Your machine binding is improving??? It looks GREAT to me – how would you want it any better? The stitches are even and straight . . . what more is there? I’m glad you figured out a way to be using your new machine – does it have a name? – in spite of all the shipping snafus. Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

12. Kathy D. says:

Lovely quilt; congratulations on your first finish on Friday, crippled though he may be. Let there be many, many more to come!