Working Small

Wow! So many comments on my jelly roll top yesterday! Cutting the strips into smaller bits really makes a huge difference. Hope this helps you all out!

I love making big bed quilts. But every now and again, I enjoy working tiny.

I came across these little four patches when I was looking for pieces for my little Flying Geese quilt.

They begged to be made into something, so who was I to say no?

The tiny squares in the four patches finish at one half inch. I kept the quilting really simple. Again, I turned the backing to the front to create the binding. This time I stitched it down by hand.

This tiny binding took much longer than it should have. But it turned out much better than the machine binding I did on the little Flying Geese.

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Working Small

1. Your little mini is too cute! I love how you made it interesting with that bottom block turned the other way. SO cool.

2. Natalie says:

Hi loved your jelly roll quilt and the little blue mini. Do you have any ideas for all the long pieces of selvages I have been collecting? Thanks for your thoughts.

3. Margie says:

So cute! Margie/NY

4. Sharon Browne says:

Beautiful vignette! Nice job on the miniature quilt! Love the colors and fabrics! Isn’t it fun when you find something already started and you get inspired to do something new with it?

5. anudge says:

so cute!

6. Theresa Morgan says:

Lady, this is tiny!!!! And BEAUTIFUL!!!! I just don’t know, I’d be seen to my machine!!! Bahaha

So cute, I love it! Hugs,

8. Love those little quilts! So cute displayed with your little machine!

9. Kathy D. says:

Such a sweet little quilt! It looks just perfect with that sewing machine.