I recently picked up this vintage rocker at a yard sale. Yesterday was the day to tackle reupholstering it.
The first thing I did was remove that backing. Wow! Loved what I found underneath!
The seat was another story. Yuck!
I forged ahead until I was left with this. The springs and ties were actually in good shape.
This is the fabric I picked up for it.
Upholstering is definitely not my strong suit. The oak is very hard and I struggled with bending and breaking tacks. But it’s done and it is surprisingly comfortable.
I’m still on the fence about the fabric I chose. Maybe it will grow on me.
Have a great day!