Progress

I’ve been working on blocks for the wedding quilt for my niece.

The small squares finish at 2 inches. I’m trying to decide if a 6 inch sashing is too wide.

I wanted lots of white space for quilting fun.

Maybe I’ll put a few blocks together and see. I plan to have a wide outer white border to fill with feathers. Hmmm…..

I’ll have plenty of time to work on this top today. My long arm parts finally arrived, but they were damaged. So I’m waiting again. Sigh.

9 Responses to Progress

1. dezertsuz says:

Oh, my gosh! You are not having a string of good luck with that set up! Your quilt is looking great. Are the stripings white? That will be a lovely quilt. Decades ago, a master quilter told me that strips should be no more than 1/3 the width of the blocks, for visual balance. With a 14″ block, you should be able to get away with 5, but 6 might be pushing it. On the other hand, if you like it with six, go with six!

2. Sandra B says:

Oh no!! Cannot believe you must wait even longer to get Friday up and running….like someone else commented, hope the third time’s the charm….
    Love the yellow and white…..there was a time when I went out of my way to avoid yellow in any shape or form….now I have two yellow rooms in my home, a yellow sofa in another, and I find bits of yellow making their way into most of my quilting projects…. Still won’t wear yellow, but time will tell on that front! I like the 6 inch sashing because I know you will do your magic with some amazing quilting….looking forward to seeing how the quilt evolves!!

3. Like the yellow. It is not everyone’s cup of tea.
    Sorry about your new machine. Waiting for parts
    is hard.

4. Love the yellow and white, and the blocks are coming together quickly. Let’s hope third time’s a charm and that your parts arrive soon, in mint condition, and the right size!

5. sue says:

I have two shades of yellow in my kitchen, plan to paint the living room yellow again and just for grins I think my bedroom as well. Can’t wait to see how this wedding quilt finishes. Your quilting is always so beautiful.

6. This is going to be stunning with your wonderful quilting. It looks like a wedding cake!

7. Karen says:

that will be a pretty simplistic quilt and the quilting will showcase. I hope you get your parts soon and get the machine up and running, must be frustrating to say the least.

8. Dotti says:

How Would a stripe sashing of white yellow white look? Six inches seems reasonable for the sashing since the blocks finish that size. Must be so frustrating with all the issues with Friday. But it will be worth it when all gets together. Just take as a respite.

9. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I really love this yellow combination and the 6″ sashing doesn’t look too wide to me. Are you kidding?!!!!! Seriously. Damaged parts. It’s almost a sign that you shouldn’t have this machine . . . but don’t take it that way! It just means you were meant to work on this wedding quilt and relax a bit before you’re back in the longarm business. ~smile~ Roseanne