Finish It Up Friday ~ Swap Mini

I finished my mini for the swap and sent it on it’s way! I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do.

I kept the quilting simple with just straight lines through the geese. I do love the rope pattern in the green strips

I used a Mary Koval print for the back and bound it by bringing the back around to the front and hand stitching it down.

After that, I added another line of quilting just around the edge. I think you can see it here.

My mini finished at 10 by 14 inches. The geese are one inch high and two inches wide. I like it so much, I may have to make another for myself!

And one more photo, because the sun was just right to show off the quilting!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , PrettyPiney

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Swaps. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Swap Mini

1. helen freese says:

I copied the picture of your little quilt along with the rocker/scissor holder/spool holder. My hubby saw it and took the hint. He made one for me for Mother’s Day. Photo can be seen here:

2. helen freese says:

Any information you can share about that adorable little chair (pincushion/scissor holder/spool holder).I really enjoy seeing all your work. Thanks

3. Those are some tiny geese, but it’s an amazing piece. Congrats on the finish.

4. Catherine Russell says:

Your swap buddy loves, loves, loves this little quilt. So excited to receive it. The stitching is amazing and I’m loving the colors. The little flying geese are perfect and the hand stitching is lovely. Funny thing is the timing is perfect as today is my birthday. Thanks so much Katy!! I love the pattern as well. Everything is such a blessing. Thank you for being part of the Humble mini quilt swap.

5. Sue Ahern says:

Super cute mini and the green fabric is perfect against the red! I just spent hours tracking down that same green print for my own project. I love flying geese, but havent tried to make them so small. Thanks for the inspiration.

6. anudge says:

It’s beautiful. I can see why you want to make another one.

7. Love it! I haven’t made a mini in a long time, but I am considering some to decorate my new sewing space.

8. Gorgeous! I love that quilting. Classic and lovely!

9. Julierose says:

Love this adorable flying geese swap quilt…nice job–and lovely quilting too hugs, Julierose

The last photo REALLY shows off the wonderful quilting on this charming little quilt. I have (or at least USED to have) a little chair identical to yours. My father-in-law made it for me decades ago though I don’t believe it had the slot on top for scissors. I just love your tiny quilts. Keep them coming!

11. Denise says:

Love the flying geese

It’s beautiful! I know your swap buddy is going to love it. Hugs,

13. I don’t know if I would’ve been able to part with that little cutie! I’m sure it will be well received. Enjoy your weekend, Katy!

14. Gladie says:

Sew precious. I love your little rocking chair. I have one my grandfather made for my mom over 60 years ago and a smaller straight chair his brother made. It must be how my fascination with little chairs comes from.

15. Joyce says:

Gorgeous mini! Anyone would love this for sure.

16. barbvedder says:

adorable! lucky swapper!

17. Kathy D. says:

What a sweet little quilt!