Throwback Thursday ~ Shirting Quilts

I’m still working on the cactus quilt. The top is together and I hope to start quilting it today. In the mean time, I thought I’d share some of the quilts I’ve made using shirts worn by my hubby, my son, my son in law, and a few bits from my dad. I gave this first one to my dad a few months before he passed away. He used it up until the moment he entered heaven. Now I have it back again.

This one I made for my first grandson, Big L. I wish I had a better photo of it.

This one was for Big E.

This belongs to Little L.

And this is Little E’s quilt.

This last one I have been saving and I don’t think I’ve shared it before. It will be for Grandson #5, henceforth to be known as Tiny E, due in July.

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Throwback Thursday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Throwback Thursday ~ Shirting Quilts

1. They’re wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

2. Ann Wight says:

Love all of them, what a treasure for your family!

3. Sherrill says:

They’re all fantastic!! What wonderful quilts to be loved and cherished!

4. Kyle says:

Those are all so wonderful. Each one is lovely and refreshing.

5. Sharon says:

Wonderful Quilts!!! I recognize some of the fabric from my husband’s shirts!!! I used them in a Quilt I made for him a few years ago. I so love all the beautiful fabric!!!

I love all of them. Hugs,

7. Congrats on the newest little!! How exciting for you!!

8. Karen says:

shirts sure do make wonderful quilts, I have never had access to them, hubby doesn’t wear that type and I can never find the 100% cotton shirts in our little thrift stores here, I will need to keep watch for them when we travel I guess if I want them. They always look so nice and soft and I could use those neutrals.

9. All of the quilts are just wonderful, Katy. I love the design of the quilt for your dad, and how each quilt has a personality all its own! Your creativity inspires me. Thanks for sharing!

10. Val W says:

What wonderful quilts for the men in your life. This collection definitely showcases your talents, Katy!

11. Nann says:

All the settings show off the subtlely of the prints. I do believe you’ve just shown us a series! (And congratulations on having the baby quilt finished early.)

12. Therese says:

Love them alll!

13. Dotti says:

The creativity of your quilts is wonderful. You are a prolific quilter. You seem to have alphabetic gchildren! Waiting to see the cactus one quilted.

14. I love these quilts! I want to make a shirt quilt and collected one so far. So many before went to Goodwill.