DWMonday ~ Puss in the Corner

I got all my blocks pieced together.

At this point, the top measures 78 by 90 inches. I had 9 blocks leftover. I hate having leftover blocks! So I decided to make enough to add one row to the width. I don’t like skimpy bed quilts either!

I hope to get these pieced and added today. I’ve also been auditioning border fabrics.

I like the last one the best, but I wanted to use this for something else. This top is not a priority to finish right now so I may just finish that last row and set it aside until I decide.

15 Responses to DWMonday ~ Puss in the Corner

1. Terri Bertalan says:

Love your quilt. I think #2 would make a beautiful frame around the top.

2. dezertsuz says:

Yes, 2nd or 4th are wonderful. I do love this quilt.

3. Wow! Beautiful quilt. I look forward to seeing what you finally decide for the borders.

4. Kyle says:

Just love your color pallet.

5. Carol says:

I commented that I liked number two the best but after reading the other comments today, I concur with Loris Mills about going borderless, which I hadn’t thought about. Any one of the four you “auditioned” for the border, takes away from the quilt itself which is very busy. I think a border would be too distracting to the main quilt. I too love the “pop” of the white.

6. Sandra B says:

Love this, Katy!!
    Civil War reproduction fabrics are my absolute favorites, and they are perfect for this block pattern!
    Looking forward to seeing what you decide for a border!! As always, thanks for sharing….

7. Ruthie says:

I concur, the last one with the eagle looks amazing. Matching the colonial style of all the fabrics you included on this quilt. Nicely done! I wish I had a nice big space to stretch out my King size quilt.

8. Rochelle Summers says:

I love the last one best too, but wonder if a small inner border of dark blue would add a little to it.

9. I like the third border best, than the fourth, second and first. Love reading your blog!

10. Quest Quilts says:

I’m loving the 18th century fabric patterns! Really, it’s just stunning.

11. Nann says:

You could skip the border and use the leftover blocks on the back. I like the “pop” of the scattered light blocks.

12. Loris Mills says:

This looks lovely! I’d be tempted to go borderless 🙂 The last choice has a nice color blend for it though.

13. Carol says:

I like the second one best.

14. blackeyedsewsan says:

Looks terrific! After squinting & scrolling (a song?) I concur with the border choice-great job. Susan

15. barbvedder says: