Churn Dash Sunday

If my calculations are accurate, I have this quilt about 60% done!

See one of my repairs in that photo? Here it is.

The sashing fabric is pretty worn and in a few spots, I appliqued a piece of fabric over the top to repair it. I used a Paula Barnes Companion print. It isn’t an exact match, but the color is close and the print was the right scale.

After quilting, it blends pretty well. This will never be a valuable quilt. It is worn and still has some issues. These patches are just part of its story and journey.

I think it’s looking better than it did when I bought it and I’m enjoying the process. In the photo below, I folded one side over and that is covering most of the unquilted area. I did the second row in from the left last week. And yes, I’m working from the outside in.

That worked well on the last quilt I did like that so I’m sure it will be fine this time too.

Happy Palm Sunday!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts .

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Churn Dash Sunday

1. Therese says:

Well done!

2. CathieJ says:

I would never have found your repair if you hadn’t pointed it out. I think it is wonderful that you have rescued this quilt.

3. So pretty! Happy Palm Sunday to you too, Katy!

4. debrapugh says:

What a beautiful rescue / love that shade of pink 🙂 Your quilting is beautiful.

5. I never would have even noticed that patch job if f you hadn’t mentioned it. GREAT JOB! I like the way you describe it as just part of this quilt’s journey. Your quilting looks wonderful. Do you use a hoop for your quilting?

6. Gail says:

Your repair is invisible! The fan quilting is perfect for this. Quilt!

7. Deb says:

Beautiful quilting on a lovely quilt. The repair works so well it is not noticeable! Great job.

8. Deanna Weiler says:

Your quilting is amazing and that patch hardly shows!

9. Well done. I didn’t notice the fix until you pointed it out. Great quilting…as usual.

10. dezertsuz says:

Definitely, I like it! The fix is practically invisible.