Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes

Today I can cross another item off my UFO list! This quilt was made with blocks from the last Fun with a Barb block swap.

You all know my mad love for Baptist fan quilting, so of course I had to do it again! This time though, it is all done on my long arm.

First, I quilted the entire quilt on the long arm using these design boards .

Then I went back and free handed an extra arc between each one that was already quilted. You can see the difference here.

It is far from perfect, but I still love it!

I got rather hooked on the look of the close arcs while hand quilting using the stencil that Barb created.

I’m very happy with this little quilt. It is now hanging in my hallway. I’m also looking forward to receiving my blocks back from the current swap!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , What a Hoot Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Swaps, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes

1. Kathy D. says:

What a sweet quilt! I think the second pass of fans gives it a more vintage look.

2. viridian says:

Love the fabrics, love the quilting. Great job.

3. chrisknits says:

Lovely quilt! I like the denser fans.

4. Wow, that is darling! I like everything about it. Don’t tell anyone it’s not perfect, they’ll never know. Keep on doing the Baptist Fans. They’re great.

5. Kat Scribner says:

Love the baptist fans on this quilt.

6. It is perfect quilting for that quilt – What an amazing finish!

7. Vera says:

Such a pretty combo of colors, pattern and quilting compliment it so well!

8. Lynette Caulkins says:

Wonderful UFO finish! I love the look so much better with the inserted arcs. First of all, the closer spacing is nicer, and secondly, the imperfect arcing adds a human organic touch that is far more pleasing to me than a completely “robotic” Babtist fan is. Thanks for sharing at TGIFF 🙂

9. Gorgeous! That extra arch really makes it! Love it!

10. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    The second pass you made on the baptist fans was really worth the effort in my book. They look so much better with the denser quilting. The perfect pattern for this quilt, it is a great finish. ~smile~ Roseanne

11. How lovely! I really like the extra quilting that you added- makes a big difference in the final quilt.

12. quiltipatti says:

i love this quilt. you did a fantastic job. the closer quilter really shines. if you ever decide you don’t like it any more, my house would love to display it. patti in florida pleal@cfl.rr.com

13. Kyle says:

What a wonderful way to set those blocks together. Mine are in there somewhere. Gotta love that Baptist fan design. It looks perfect. You’re ready for the next set of blocks.

14. D says:

Great finish! Love the way you quilted it, and fun to see a block I made in your quilt!

15. Gail says:

My broken dishes are still in a ziploc bag in my sewing room, waiting for inspiration on how to put them together. Your quilt looks great! It is fun to see all the different ways that everyone has been setting their blocks.

16. Judy in Michigan says:

What a beautiful quilt! Love the setting and the quilting…WOW!!

17. dezertsuz says:

The fans look great on the broken dishes. Wonderful finish!

18. la masure says:

Oh!!!!Katy!!!So beautiful! Manage to create a beauty with such simplicity!!!!My English is bad and I can ‘t explain what I feel💕
    Véronique

19. Ruth says:

I love the quilt and the fan quilting! I also have broken dishes in a bin waiting for a project. And I have used Barb’s stencil on a few quilts. I do love Baptist fans!

20. That is fantastic! I love your layout and the quilting design!