Hand Pieced Hexi Quilt

I needed a break from sewing swap blocks the other day, so I pulled this out. I decided it is big enough and should be finished.

I searched through my stash and found this green print for the border.

I even fussed around with mitering the corners. Not the best work, but good enough for me.

Now, I just have to figure out how to quilt it.

This entry was posted in Hexagons, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hand Pieced Hexi Quilt

1. Lin McQ says:

I love everything about this quilt, the civil war fabrics, no two alike, and the perfect green stripe variegated border. For me, the perfect quilt. Thanks for sharing.

2. So many pretty fabrics, and the border is perfect! It will be another beautiful finish!

3. Looks wonderful. Makes me want to finish mine….

Oh…the green border is perfect for this quilt!

5. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

I think you did a great job with the border miter. When you look at it far away, you can’t tell. Well done!

This is so pretty and I love the border fabric. Good job on the mitered corners. I have only tried hexies once but didn’t get far, but I love how they look. Hugs,

7. sue says:

The border really makes this a stunner!

8. Are you kidding? I think that fussy cut mitred corner match is amazing! I love everything about this quilt!

9. anudge says:

Pick seven hexies and make them into a flower, scatter them throughout the quilt and maybe some leaves with a bit of background fmq. I like it!

10. What an awesome quilt!

11. Mary Redrick says:

Are the hexies sewed together by hand??? I can’t figure it out — did you sew Y seams??

12. Theresa says:

I follow you but don’t leave too many replys but had to on this….loving the colors and the strip border that is mitered…….you nailed it ,girl!!!!!

13. Norby Charlotta Bright says:

Love your comment about the metered corners: it’s not perfect but it’s not good enough for me! That’s exactly the way I like to quilt! “Finished is better than perfect!”