French General Granny Squares

I had absolutely nothing on the design wall, so I pulled these blocks out.

I found the perfect border fabric while shopping with Zenia last summer.

I have the sashing strips cut and keeping everything together in this tote meant I could actually find it all!

Time to decide on corner stones.

14 Responses to French General Granny Squares

1. That really IS the perfect border fabric. This is going to be such a pretty quilt.

2. Oooo! Pretty, pretty pretty! And the colors couldn’t be any more perfect. Can’t wait to see!

3. Susan says:

Those are the best looking blocks of that pattern I have seen. They go with each other so well, and the fabric you’re using with it, what a great match!

4. How lovely! Looking forward to seeing the next post.

5. Sue Daurio says:

love love love those fabrics~

6. Pat in WNY says:

The blocks, the sashing, the border fabrics, everything looks perfect!

7. Theresa says:

Oh my…… I have this in layer cakes and charm pkgs….. I like this pattern…

8. Granny Square blocks are on my “someday” list.

9. Janet O. says:

Absolutely love these blocks–and the border fabric is perfect!

10. Really pretty! Love the border fabrics!

11. Kathy D says:

This one is going to be a real beauty! Can’t wait to see it come together.

12. Paula says:

I love these blocks! I can’t wait to see the finished quilt. Happy New Year!

13. Roxanne says:

These blocks are so lovely and the sashing fabric does look perfect. Can’t wait to see more of this one.

14. Ruth says:

I love those blocks, but have never made any. The border fabric is lovely.