A Pinterest Project

I recently found a small quilt on Pinterest and recreated it using some of my vintage fabric scraps. You can see that post here. It was so fun, I decided to do another! This was the inspiration picture I found.

And here is my version done in vintage fabrics.

Here’s a side by side comparison.

That was so fun, I decided to do it again in 1930s repros.

How about modern prints?

And solids?

Here are all four together.

Here you can see the quilting on the back.

I have no idea what I will do with these, but they sure were fun to make. It is amazing to me how different they look done in different fabrics.

This entry was posted in 52 Quilters, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A Pinterest Project

1. Kathy D says:

How very cool to see the same little quilt in 4 completely different styles! Thanks for sharing.

2. Ruth says:

They are so cute! Looks like you could use them for placemats! I am on a trip now and I like to put a small quilt on the bedside table so that I can place my glasses, flashlight, etc. on it without making noise. I like to find uses for small quilts that can be made quickly. I love yours!

3. Helle Hilker says:

Hi
    How nice… I love small Quilts
    What size are they?

4. You nailed it again. The solid one is my favorite. It would be lovely in a big quilt too.

Those are all adorable! Have you started a wall of little quilts, you could hang some there. You always have the neatest ideas. Hugs,

Haha! Those are WONDERFUL, Katy! Now all you need is a granddaughter!

7. Sharon says:

I love your versions, especially the vintage fabrics. I love to see different fabric versions of the same design. Now I need to go back to Pinterest again.

8. Linda B says:

Just lovely! Thanks!

9. So cute! How fun to have a bunch of quick finishes. It is really fun seeing one design in multiple different styles. Thanks for sharing!

10. Shasta says:

Oh wow, these look like so much fun! I really like making small quilts,and don’t worry about what to do with them afterwards. I do have a bulletin board that I rotate the quilts around to please the season and my mood.

11. Jan Horn says:

How cute and how fun to make. Isn’t it fun to make something and can be done quickly. Happy Stitching.

12. Susan says:

What fun you had with that one little pattern!

13. Pingback: Stadium Quilts – Quest Quilts