Finish It Up Friday ~ Quick Baby Quilt

And just like that, it’s done!

I don’t often piece backings, but when I ran across these pieces in my stash, I knew it was meant to be!

The above pictures were taken before washing. The rest are after washing. I love how quilts crinkle up and get soft in the process!

I hope you enjoyed seeing this little quilt come together. I’ll be back tomorrow with another fun project.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Crazy Mom Quilts

This entry was posted in 52 Quilters, Baby Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Quick Baby Quilt

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Ooooh, all the good quiltiness in those pictures. So, do you like the quilting panto now that it’s all complete? I sure do . . . and it’s one that could easily be done on a DSM! I fact, I have done a similar pattern on two baby quilts although in only every other block, not the whole quilt. Love it! And so will mom and baby. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Val W says:

What a sweet little project. Someone will love receiving this cutie of a quilt.

3. I love the pieced backing and the way it complements the colorful rectangles on the front, and also how the colors are pure and bright but still restful to look at.

4. Sharon says:

This quilt is beautiful Katy, and the backing fabrics are perfect! What line are the charms from?

Beautiful little quilt! I love how you made the backing, just perfect. Hugs,

6. kat says:

Really pretty quilt! I love the colors and the simple design. Great quilting choice, too!

What an adorable baby quilt. I loved the pieced backing and think it was a perfect choice. I agree that the panto design could easily be incorporated into DMC. I’ll have to remember that!

8. anudge says:

Beautiful!

9. Shasta says:

What fabulous quilting! A very nice modern quilt.

10. That was a quick finish. Beautiful.

11. Reia says:

This is fabulous! Well done. So beautiful.

12. Your pieced backing was PERFECT for this quilt. Congrats! on your finish.

13. That is so cute! The backing is really perfect.

14. Cindy Boxer says:

Wow, that’s gorgeous. I personally LOVE a pieced back…maybe mostly cuz I’m cheap and I have this thing about just making it work and not going to the store (or prethinking anything). The front piecing, however, is just absolutely stunning. I can’t even begin to imagine all those corners lining up. And the ombre/rainbow effect is perfect. Wow. So beautiful.

15. Heather A says:

So simple and lovely. you know you’ve made a beautiful quilt when people like me want to replicate it.