Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Broken Dishes

I finished hand quilting this vintage Broken Dishes crib quilt top.

This is the sixth top I have hand quilted this year.

I love the way the back looks! I used a simple unbleached cotton muslin for the back.

I used a vintage fabric for the binding. I also washed this quilt after it was finished. I will share with you next week how I washed this quilt.I love how these photos show the texture of the quilting!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsBusy Hands QuiltsDevoted Quilter

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Broken Dishes

1. Carolyn says:

Beautiful!

2. Julierose says:

Lovely finish–beautiful quilting on this, too A lot of work went into this one… hugs, Julierose

3. Another pretty finish, Katy!

4. Vicki says:

I love that “wrinkled look”, is that from washing it after or is it the way you hand stitch. Great job.

5. That quilt is yummy!

6. Jayne says:

Another beauty! The quilting after a wash is my favorite part. So snuggly inviting!

I love it!!! You have done great getting all this hand quilting done. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

8. Sharon says:

Wow, six quilts hand quilted this year! It just goes to show you what you can accomplish if you keep plugging away at it. This quilt is adorable.

9. Ann Laubach says:

What a lovely little quilt! I am so impressed by your productivity! You are an inspiration!

10. anudge says:

Beautiful! Are you going to use it as a bed warmer or runner?

11. Lynette says:

Perfect wrinkling for a vintage quilt. 🙂 I’m impressed with getting six quilts hand quilted in the year!

12. What a beauty! Congratulations on such a pretty finish. I’m looking forward to hearing about your washing technique, too.

13. So beautiful, Katy! I love the hand quilting and the post-wash wrinkling is so perfect 🙂

14. So nice to stick with traditional hand quilting and true period fabrics. I like to think the original maker rests better knowing her/his work was finished by someone who cared. Good work, Katy!

15. Susan says:

It looks great! I love muslin for a backing. It always shows the quilting so nicely.