This and That Thursday

I’ve been working hard on a commission quilt the last few days. I won’t be able to share any of that until after Christmas. But here are a few other things I’ve been working on as well. First, a new stocking for the new SIL.

I just buy cheap stockings and machine embroider names. We are getting too many to hang on the fireplace!

And some mittens for the grandsons.

I’m very rusty at knitting as well as using my embroidery machine. I’ve also been busy taking care of the grand dogs.

As you can see, they are big helpers in the sewing room!

Little E turned two this week. We had dinner and a small cake for him. Big brother showed him how to get the good stuff!

I want to say once again how very much I appreciate your friendship, your comments, and your taking the time to stop by for a visit. I wish I had more hours in the day to respond to each one. It isn’t always possible, but I do read each one.

Come back tomorrow to see my finished Vintage Broken Dishes quilt!

11 Responses to This and That Thursday

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I can see how those grand dogs are a big help with your sewing! And those boys – how sweet are they?! How nice of big brother to assist with the official birthday cake and how one should eat/attack it. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. I always look forward to what you are doing. =) Your little guys look like you!!

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

Well I for one would like to thank YOU for your daily inspiration, exploring the world of pantographs and how they look( have a file of my favs of yours) & a look into a slice of your life. ‘E friends forever’ LOL. Merry Christmas, Susan

4. I so enjoy the peeks into your life, Katy! Look at all those stockings! It just makes your heart smile, doesn’t it!? Those two little guys are just adorable. The grand dogs look pretty excited about being in the quilt room. Looking forward to seeing your broken dishes finish!

Oh, my goodness! Little E and Big E are soooo cute together. I can just imagine how close they will be throughout their lives. It warms my heart.

6. Terri says:

Can’t believe little E is two already! Happy birthday to him. It’s always good to have a big brother to show you the ropes, lol

Those little guys are adorable, everyone needs a big brother to show them the ropes! 😂 hugs,

8. Merry Christmas friend!

9. Rochelle Summers says:

So happy to see your blog every day….and photos of the grandkids. Merry Christmas.

10. anudge says:

They’re so cute. You are blessed.

11. Susan says:

That is too funny on the birthday boy! LOL How lovely to have so many stockings. They all come to your house at Christmas?