Quilting the Wild Child

I asked Daughter #1 if this was too wild for a baby quilt. She said it’s admittedly bright, but okay. Good thing, I didn’t know what else I’d do with this. In my mind, I started thinking of it as Wild Child! Amy way, it’s on the frame and quilting has begun.

I’m using one of my new pantos on this.

I’m loving it so far!

I haven’t shared a video in a while. The quality isn’t great, I just tape my phone to the machine.

I hope this doesn’t make you feel seasick. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Quilting the Wild Child

1. Val W says:

I love those bright colors in a baby quilt. They are perfect for tummy time.

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I think baby quilts should have bold, bright colors! All that pale stuff is for sissies. HAHA I am sure the quilt will be well used and loved. I know I would love to receive it. ~smile~ Roseanne

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

Better not use that for naptime! LOL. Since Craftsy is having so many XMAS sales, you should probably put your link at the bottom for a while…tried to give you some credit but it needed to come from your site (so went to Karen in AL!) Money is always good at this time of year~Susan

4. It looks great, Katy! I like the layout you chose. It will make some little munchkin very happy, I think!

Hi, I think it makes a great baby quilt! I love how it turned out. Hugs,

6. adorable! and perfect for a child!!

7. Rochelle Summers says:

Quilts can never be too bright or wild. love the quilting on this.

8. Charlotta Bright Norby says:

I LOVE it for a baby quilt! I’d never hesitate to use it as such. I guess there are moms who would think it too wild for their wee ones, but if they were the recipients, IMHO they’d just have to save it for later. I think baby blue and pink are BORING.

9. So pretty. Any baby would love it and it will stay pretty even after a child drags it around. My son (who is 46 years old now) would drag his favorite quilt to day care to use at nap time and someone would always claim it as theirs, even with his name on the label.

10. It is not too bright, nor too wild. It’s awesome!!

11. I almost always use bright colors in baby quilts. Love the name!

12. Susan says:

That’s perfect for a child. Most people give out pastel quilts, and they can’t see pastel colors for quite a while. Reds and other brights are great!