Merry Christmas to me!

I’ve wanted a Juki for a long time. I finally found a good deal and bought one!

This is the Juki TL2000Qi. There is a newer model out, but it was more than I was willing to pay. My first project was attaching the binding on this quilt.

What a breeze! I think I’m in love!

By the way, the Accuquilt Black Friday deals end tonight. Check them out here.

This post contains affiliate links.

11 Responses to Merry Christmas to me!

1. Pamela Thorne says:

You are going to LOVE this machine. I really love sewing with my vintage machines, but really like the needle threader and the thread cutter, as well as the larger throat space of this machine. I have the same model also. What did you decide about the 1/4″ foot?

2. Looks like fun. Enjoy!

3. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I have been lusting after a Juki for years! I am 100% sure you will love this. Have fun sewing on your new baby. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. congrats on your juki! I have a bernina (15+ years now) and love it! BUT: I’ve heard that juki sews REALLY FAST! I do a lot of piecing, and was wondering if I should get one… if it’s true that they’re super fast? what do you think?
    on another note: I looked (and drooled) at the accu cutters… I’d LOVE one! not sure it’s in the budget right now, tho…

5. You will love it! Sadly, since I got my Bernina, my Juki hasn’t been used, but I will never let her go!!

6. anudge says:

Welcome to the world of quilting with a Juki. I love mine and know you will love yours also. Congrats!

7. Carolyn says:

I am so excited to see your Juki. Please tell us your impressions, especially using the walking foot to straight line quilt! Thanks so much for sharing your sewing projects!

8. You’ll love it! I have the Brother version of this machine and it’s so much fun for FMQ. It’s also great for making window treatments; so fast! I don’t use it for piecing, though; piecing is what keeps my vintage Berninas humming along. Have fun!

9. Susan Nixon says:

That’s fabulous! I’m so glad you got something you are really happy to use.

10. Edwina Finet says:

I look forward to seeing your blog each day, but don’t often comment. So thanks for taking time to let us vicariously enjoy the quilting life! Today I got so excited to see that you have a Juki. I bought my first one, a T-98E with hopes of putting it on a quilt frame for machine quilting. But I have never had time to do enough tops to be worth it. It’s a work horse, plows through upholstery, quiet and simple to use. Last year I bought the H-ZLF (Exceed) computerized model with all the bells and whistles. I love both my Juki’s equally, although they are different (kind of like our own kids). I’ll look forward to reading your Juki adventures.

11. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy playing with her.