Finish It Up Friday ~ Christmas Pillow

We’ve so enjoyed an extended visit from Daughter #2. It will be hard to see her leave tomorrow . But I will hold onto the memories and be thankful for this time. Since she won’t be here at Christmas, she received her Christmas gift early.

Having it sent here meant that we could have a play date in the sewing room. She wanted to work on Christmas pillows so we did. She found a photo on Pinterest of one she liked. She used my leaf die and Accuquilt Studio Cutter to cut out the leaves. She used a glue stick to hold the leaves in place and just stitched down the middle of each to keep them dimensional. She used some of my hand dyed fabrics so there is no right or wrong side. She hand stitched the buttons in place. Isn’t it beautiful?

She will add a pillow form when she gets home. I took inspiration for my pillow from this gift bag she bought for me at Bath and Bodyworks.

I traced the pieces onto Heat N Bond Light and fused the design down. Then I straight stitched near the edge of all the pieces.

I love my pillow! Mostly, I love it for the memory of a rare day in the sewing room with my girl.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Busy Hands Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Sew Can She

This entry was posted in Crafty Things, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Christmas Pillow

1. What a fabulous day you must have had! Two very clever projects and some special memories.

2. This whole post just makes me smile 🙂 There is nothing better than sharing a creative day with your daughter, right? I hope she loves her Janome Gem. We have two here, one Gold, one Platinum. They are little workhorses! Your two pillows are just perfect — she’s off to a good start! It’s only right that you would have a red pillow that looks like Oscar dressed for the holidays!

3. Kathy D says:

Whenever either of you sees your pillow, you’ll have a wonderful memory of a happy day in the sewing room.

4. sue says:

I love how you came up with your pillow idea and it gives me ideas! This is the first Christmas I won’t be at my daughter’s in years and I think I will make her a pillow with some memories on it, Thanks for sharing!

I love both of your pillows, they are wonderful! It’s great getting to spend sewing time with your daughter. I love it when I get to do the same with one of my girls too. Hugs,

6. rl2b2017 says:

Katy,
    What a fabulous gift, and even more priceless was the time sewing with your daughter. The pillow is really cute, and I love the inspiration. Isn’t it wonderful to just see something you like and know you can recreate it in whatever form you would like?!! It’s wonderful. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. What a sweet post. Must be fun sewing with your daughter. I have that Jem Gold to take to retreats and classes – good choice.

8. We had an old red truck many years ago on the farm where I grew up. Your pillow brings back great memories.

9. Jen says:

Very cute pillows, makes me want to get going on xmas decorations!

10. What a neat way to spend time with your daughter, literally making memories!

11. That is a really cute pillow, and even better that it means so much to you.

12. Susan Nixon says:

Both of those are such cute pillows! What a lovely thing you got for her for Christmas. It looks like she certainly knows how to use it!

13. Lynette says:

How nice to have that crafting time together! The wreath is really nice, and your truck/tree takes me back to my youngest years and visting Grandparents in the Arizona mountains, taking his old truck up to find a tree or to get a cord of firewood.. .

14. Oh my goodness! Cutest Jeep pillow I have found! I’ve been looking for one! Would you be willing or able to mail a copy of the design? I would love to try out my new sewing machine on this!

15. Denise says:

Love…love..love your pillow. Is there a pattern we could purchase from you?

16. Zenia Rene says:

What an awesome gift and sweet memories made. I love that wreath pillow!