Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Broken Dishes

Well, even with the grand doggies here, I have managed a bit of progress hand quilting this vintage crib quilt.

I am now 2/3s of the way done.

I think I can finish before Christmas. While stitching, I’ll be dreaming of another one, because Daughter #1 and SIL #1 made this fun announcement!

“This Thanksgiving, the Q household was cooking more than just a turkey! Baby Q #3 coming July 2018!”

We are so excited!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Broken Dishes

1. Carla says:

Oh how exciting! Congratulations! Just love the texture your adding with the quilting on your vintage baby quilt.

2. Gail says:

Fun baby announcement! The crib quilt looks fantastic…beautiful texture.

3. Sandra Croley says:

Love getting exciting news at holiday time! Congratulations!

4. What a fun announcement! Congratulations!

What wonderful news!! I love your daughter’s shirt and the bun in the oven picture is a hoot!! So happy for ALL of you!

6. So cute! I love the way your daughter’s shirt reinforces the message, and the look on the dad’s face is priceless!

7. Julierose says:

Isn’t that terrific–congratulations–more fun times coming for sure…hugs, Julierose

8. rl2b2017 says:

Aww, Katie! How wonderfully exciting. Hmm . . . what will you make, what will you make??!! Or should I say how many things should you make. {{Hugs}} all around. ~smile~ Roseanne

9. Nann says:

What a great announcement! And now you have another quilt opportunity!

10. anudge says:

What fun they had with their announcement. Big smile here. Congrats.

How fun is that! Congratulations. I love your quilt,it looks wonderful. Hugs,

12. CathieJ says:

Congratulations. What a fun way to make the announcement. Your quilt is so pretty. I look forward to seeing the future quilt too.

13. Robin says:

Congratulations!! We are expecting a grandchild within the next month. Too fun! I love the quilting on your little quilt. It’s a treasure!

14. AnnieO says:

The quilting looks great on that vintage colorway. Love poison green. Congrats on the next grandchild! I think we will be waiting a long time for our next one…til one of the unmarrieds gets married, likely!

15. Susan Nixon says:

That is such a pretty quilt. I love it more each time I see your progress. Time out for a baby quilt!

16. Congrats! I’m sure visions of baby quilts are dancing in your head!