Finish It Up Friday ~ Snowball QOV

I think this might be my favorite QOV that I have made.

I started out with a layer cake that I bought with a gift certificate from Mr. Wonderful. I added some fabric from friends Zenia and Ila, and this panel from Barb V.

The backing was also from Ila. It was so perfect for this top!

Thanks to my friends for adding their bits and pieces to this quilt! I was so happy that I could go to the Stitching Sisters Sew Day last Saturday. These ladies are just the best! Here are some pics from our presentations on Veteran’s Day.

All of these veterans have received QOVs from our group.

I presented my quilt to Bud, a Navy vet that served during WW2. He worked on troop transport ships in the Atlantic.

Here’s a pic of some of our group.

It was such a wonderful time. I love this organization and my Stitching Sisters!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , What a Hoot Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Snowball QOV

1. Debbie says:

Love the Baptist Fan quilting. Looks so good. How did you mark the top? I have the circle ruler with slots, but can’t find way to use it to mark quilt top.

2. What a wonderful group of people-both the veterans and the quilters! Your quilt is beautiful. The fabrics are perfect as is the quilting. I especially like how the points frame the panel. Great job and thanks to all our Veterans and the people that honor them.

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

Such a feel good post-a giving group in the room: quilters & the service men. Love how the quilt came out. Nice job, Susan

4. i LOVE it!! the whole post!! Your snowballquilt is fantastic and to wrap it around your Vet!!! LOVE it!!!

5. Kathy D says:

Love that you were able to present to one of our WWII vets. We’re losing members of “the greatest generation” on a daily basis. Thanks for all you do for QOV.

6. smilesfromkate says:

So clever, I have the greatest respect for veterans of all nations.

7. Sharon says:

Love your snowball quilt and it is masculine enough with the colors you used. I was wondering what line that layer cake was. I would love to just cut into a layer cake and make something just for the fun of it. But I always feel that I need to do something really special with it, even though I really like the simpler quilts the best. I don’t know why but I am always afraid of wasting it. Does that make any sense?

Fantastic!!! I love the photos of the table of quilts, the veterans, and you with some of your amazing Stitching Sisters. Your quilt looks perfectly at home around Bud’s shoulders. God bless him and the others.

9. Lynette says:

This is a really fantastic post! And I can see why this would be your favorite QOV to have made – it’s striking and lovely and poignant all in one. I would love being in that group. 😀

10. Jayne says:

Oh man!! What a wonderful event and being able to actually hand over a quilt to a vet…priceless! Love the snowball quilt and that block is always a show stopper!

11. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt, Katy! I love snowball quilts….on this one, the insert panel really looks great, making it extra special…As with all your quilts, thanks so much for sharing!

12. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Bud looks like a Bud, doesn’t he?! Only in the best possible way, of course. Your quilt is fabulous, and I love the addition of the Declaration of Independence. Really brings it all together and home. God bless Bud and all of them, and you and your group for thinking of them. Just wondering if you used rulers when quilting? You usually tell us how you did the beautiful design. ~smile~ Roseanne

I love your quilt!!! It’s a great organization and you all have made many beautiful quilts. Hugs,

14. joymcd305716439 says:

Oh I love the colors in your quilt, and how lovely to give those quilts away… I am sure Bud will enjoy it this winter… xx

15. Nancy says:

Your snowball quilt is beautiful, Katy. I especially like your photos — distance, nearer, nearest – in this post. I love how you mixed the snowballs between lights, mediums, and darks, and your border and backing are perfect. It was a great quilt for a veteran.

16. Therese Penders says:

Wonderful work… great token of appreciation.

Sent from my iPad

17. Laura Haynes says:

I especially love the peace and comfort of these muted colors for a QOV.

18. Great quilt. Very nice that you were able to personally present it.

19. Such a great cause! What a special photo of him wrapped up on your quilt.

20. Susan says:

I bet they love you, too. What a great quilt that turned out to be. I do like the Baptist fans on it, too. Lucky Bud!