Finish It Up Thursday!

Here are the two finished quilts I mentioned yesterday. They were gifts for a brother and sister. I had already given baby quilts to their little brothers and thought these older two would enjoy cuddle quilts too.

This first is for a Star Wars fan. I cut 8 1/2 inch blocks from 15 different Star Wars prints and added the sashing.

I quilted with a large meander. I used a low loft poly batt and polar fleece for the backing.

I’m not totally happy with these due to the backing, but they are cuddly!

This one is for a little girl that loves Disney Princesses!

I turned the backing to the front and zigzagged it down for a self binding.

Their mom sent me these pics of the sweeties enjoying their quilts. The one in the middle has received his earlier.

Such a great family!

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Thursday!

1. Kathy D says:

Loved seeing the happy faces of the two enjoying their quilts. That’s why we do it, right?

2. Pat in WNY says:

Great quilts! I hope to see that kind of happy face on Christmas morning when my 4-year-old grandson receives his Star Wars quilt, still in progress at the moment! Love your quilting on the Disney princess quilt!

3. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I hope you are enjoying the visitors! It is SO great to see the peeps enjoying the fruits of your hard work. I’m a big princess fan myself, so it does make me smile to see her enjoying it so much. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. I love seeing pictures of people enjoying their quilts. The Star Wars quilt is a perfect pattern to showcase a pretty fabric.

5. Val W says:

Your pictures prove it – quilts and smiles just naturally go together.

Oh, they’re just wonderful. The little girl looks especially happy in the first pic and super cuddly in the last one. The young man with the Star Wars quilt looks quite pleased as well.

The quilts all look wonderful,,, I loved seeing everyone all cuddled up. Hugs,

8. anudge says:

They look so happy with their quilts. Nice going, Grandma!

9. Love seeing someone enjoying a quilt. I would say they are very happy with the quilts.

10. Don’t you love it when you get to see photos of people enjoying the quilts you made them? Especially the little ones!

11. Susan says:

Aren’t the quilts AND the children cute? I bet the fleece makes those quilts SO warm!