Finish It Up Friday ~ White on White

This quilt was an adventure I won’t soon forget! You can read about the beginnings of this quilt here. And some of the issues I had  here. I’m glad I persevered and finished. I did get sloppy toward the end. I was so over it!

I used two layers of Hobbs 80/20 batting on this little quilt. I’m not sure if you can tell, but I used a slightly darker cream fabric for the binding.

The top is Legacy unbleached muslin. It is the best quality muslin from JoAnns.

This next picture actually shows the back.

I’m pleased now that it is done, but this piece fought me every stitch of the way!

I also wanted to let you know that Accuquilt studio dies are half off right now! Here  is the link with all the details. Also the Studio die cutter is $200 off! That’s an awesome deal. I’m off to do a bit of shopping there myself!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsSummer Lee QuiltsLizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ White on White

1. Wow, that quilt is beautiful! Perfect.

2. Kathy D says:

While it may have given you fits while doing the quilting, the end result is just spectacular! Well done, Katy.

3. Wow. You’re quilting is amazing. Well done.

4. Jayne says:

Regardless of all the trouble…it is gorgeous! The quilting is spectacular!

5. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    So simple, so elegant – the quilting is fabulous but somehow it doesn’t overpower the fabric if that makes sense. I love it, and I’m glad you’re happy with it after yesterday’s post. ~smile~ Roseanne

6. You persevered, and it’s beautiful. I wouldn’t have noticed the difference in the binding color if you hadn’t mentioned it. This is really pretty, Katy, and it will always have a story!

7. Sharon says:

It’s beautiful Katy! What a gorgeous quilt!

8. Janet O. says:

I see absolutely NO sloppiness. So elegant!

9. Despite your struggles with it, this piece turned out absolutely lovely!

10. Sandra B says:

Awesome quilt, Katy! Your quilting is amazing, and just the right amount of quilting!!

11. Hi Katy, your wholecloth quilt is really stunning. It’s nice when they turn out, despite, or because of the struggles!

12. Val W says:

What a beautiful quilt! You learn with every one, even if what you learn is not to do that again.

13. That is incredible quilting! Wow.

14. Kerry says:

Beautiful quilting.

15. Sue B says:

Well Katy, that came out very nice. No one would ever know you had any trouble with it. You continue to inspire me to stretch my comfort zone to learn new things.

It’s gorgeous!!! Hugs,

17. anudge says:

One can tell the binding is a different color. It did give you problems, but it’s great.

18. GeminiJenNZ says:

You have done an awesome job of this!