Mama said there’d be days like this…..

Harry’s home.

Sadly, I didn’t notice this until I got him back on the frame.

The needle should be in the center of the foot. I spent nearly $150 yesterday and ended up fixing this myself this morning. I have things to do and didn’t  want to take another whole day to take it back to the dealer. So annoying!

Finally back to quilting and realized my backing was too short. Ugh!

Fixed that and finished the quilting on this. It is far from perfect, I nearly threw it out when I realized the backing was too small. Time to bind. Sigh.

Have a good day.

This entry was posted in HQ Avante, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Mama said there’d be days like this…..

1. Deb says:

I smile every time you call your machine Harry, glad I’m not the only one out there that considers a machine a friend. Short back?…😫😄

2. Oh goodness, I’m still feeling bad for you with all this. Some days are like that. You just have to sigh, step back, and regroup. I’m sure you’ll have that quilt looking beautiful, despite a short back! (Package on its way soon.)

3. Luann says:

The time I found I had cut my backing ‘short’, I took it off the frame, drove home, added what I needed, then made another appointment for renting the longarm machine, and finally got it done. I loved the piece that I inserted into the back and I’ve often thought about that quilt and where it might be now. Just a few weeks back, Vicki Welsh did a blog post about adding fabric to your backing while your quilt is still on the machine. I hope I don’t need to look it up, but I know it’s there.
    Blessings on your work.
    Luann

It’ll be okay, sometimes it’s just a frustrating day. I hope today is better. Hugs,

5. Janet O. says:

That would be maddening to have the needle off after a “repair”.
    The quilting is beautiful, Katy!

6. rl2b2017 says:

OH NO!!! I don’t really need to know, but I do wonder how you move the needle to the center. PIA no doubt, and a waste of your time that could have been used finding out the short fabric earlier in the day. Geez. Some days seem like a bust – I’m having one of those too but I’m finding it humorous. What next dare I ask?! ~smile~ Roseanne

7. rl2b2017 says:

Everyone names their machines, don’t they?!! HAHA ~smile~ Roseanne

8. Deb says:

They should because then it’s not a it AND you can talk to them. Lol

9. anudge says:

I’m sorry!

10. Sherrill says:

Yes always days like that but hopefully few and far between!!! Quilting is gorgeous!

11. Zenia Rene says:

Tomorrow is a new day and joy comes in the morning. I still kinda want to fight that technician though! 😉

12. Pingback: Finish It Up Friday ~ White on White | KatyQuilts

13. Shasta says:

All’s well that ends well. The quilting is pretty, and it is finished!