Jackpot!

I went to an estate sale yesterday that had a Singer Featherweight advertised. It was more than I would pay ($800). While looking around, I came across several bins of fabric marked $25 each. I looked in the bins, but the stuff on top wasn’t too precious. As I got near the bottom, I changed my mind! I bought this one bin.

I left about half the stuff in it there for someone else. These are the treasuresI came away with. These are FQs on top and one yard pieces underneath.

A pile of neutrals.

Yardage!

34 FQs in Christmas colors.

And the best of all, 56 half yard pieces of an early repro line by Benartex called Documentaries!

Over 50 yards of quilt shop quality fabric! Woo hoo!

Hope you find some treasures today!

19 Responses to Jackpot!

1. dezertsuz says:

A very economical buy! I loved the documentaries line – blessed you to find so much wonderful fabric!

2. You definitely hit the jackpot. How exciting.

3. Nancy says:

This is the kind of purchase I always hope to find at estate, tag, and yard sales — but never do! Lucky you, Katy!

4. Ann Laubach says:

Lucky you! What fun to find such a great collection! I know you will find a great way to use them!

5. Well done…I always think it feels great to sew with 50-cent-a-yard fabric that isn’t cheap.

6. Sandra B says:

Katy, this was an amazing find! All the fabrics are beautiful!! Cannot wait to see them find their way into future quilts!

7. Nann says:

Awesome! Great score! (But I’d have bought ALL the fabric. )

8. Oh, I love reading about finds like this!. 😉 I saw your title Jackpot and clicked on it first. WOW! You weren’t kidding! Celebrating with you!

9. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I cannot believe the fabulous find, but am SO happy you saved the fabric! This is exactly what I hope for my stash when I go . . . please Lord, lead another quilter to my fabric so it is loved and in a good home. ~smile~ Roseanne

Holy SMOKES!! It’s a good thing you dug further into the pile! Lucky YOU!

11. Louise says:

What a great discovery for you! I remember the Documentaries line but not sure when in my
    40+ year quilting life….I may still have some in my stash…

12. Sharon says:

That was an incredible find! You were so lucky! I wish I had been there. I would have been so psyched!

Amazing, you lucky lady! Have fun. Hugs,

14. Oh boy, score indeed! What a nice thing for you to find after your quilting frustrations this week! Yay!

15. Val W says:

What a fabulous find! It’s a good thing you kept digging through that bin or it would have gone home with someone else.

16. Lucky you! When I buy blind lots I usually get maybe 1-2 nice small pieces and the rest is junk. It doesn’t stop me from trying though. 🙂

17. Mary C says:

Wow Kathy great find. I know you will enjoy working with them.

18. Luann says:

Way to go ! ! !

19. Eileen says:

Wow! You are one lucky girl! Beautiful fabric !