I got a bit sidetracked during my sorting yesterday. I found this small bin of vintage scraps and started digging through it.
I also found these rather tatty 4 patches. Hmmm…..
I didn’t try to center them, although I could have easily done that if I had marked my die before hand.
As you can see here, they were a bit wonky to begin with anyway.
Once they were trimmed, I laid them out and arranged them.
Not done yet….I wanted to try to clean it up a bit. So I got this out. I ordered this online somewhere ages ago. Google it if you are interested. I don’t remember where I bought it.
I mixed a few scoops into some warm water and left it to soak while I ran errands.
After soaking and rinsing, I dried it in the dryer.
One word of caution, test your fabrics before using this product! I didn’t because the whole thing was an experiment. The vintage fabrics were fine. However, check out this next photo to see how the contemporary blue binding fabric changed color.
That was a fun little diversion!
Have a great day!